A very wonderful Christmas

F

flutterbee

No wrapping until 3 am Christmas Eve like when the kids were little!!! I was done wrapping by 8 pm. Devon's girlfriend helped me wrap - we had so much fun. Devon wrote the labels. I told him everything is from Santa. He said, "there is no Santa." "Duh...*I'm* Santa." So, he got creative. Some said from Santa, some said from Old St Nick, one said from Old Bearded Guy, one said from The Elves who really do all the work, one was from Blitzen. :rofl: (These were Wynter's presents. I had already wrapped his. Although, there was one of his that I wrapped and he put the label on. :D )

The kids had such a good time this morning. There was lots of laughing and the kids were actually joking around with each other - no fights! It was just wonderful. This evening we went to a movie at the old theater in town - it's been there for 92 years. There is still an organ sitting in front of the stage.

I think this is the best Christmas we've ever had. And we're the poorest we've ever been. Imagine that.

Just wanted to share. I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas, too.

Andy

I am glad you had a wonderful day. You really deserve one. It is so helpful having wonderful days when our kids are at peace with us and one another. I hope this Christmas cheer will live on for you and the kids.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad you have had a wonderful Christmas! You certainly deserved it, and so did the kids.

Devon is funny. Old Bearded Guy. Something Wiz would put on a tag, LOl1

I am glad his girlfriend spends time with your family. That is nice.

Merry, Merry Merry Christmas!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather.......some of our most memorable xmases have been when we were poorer than dirt. Makes people get more creative for one thing. lol And this year falls into that category. Everyone got things they really wanted. Not as many things, but when you get things you really want, it just doesn't matter how much.

I'm glad you guys had a lot of laughter this xmas and no fighting. All of you needed that to strengthen the bonds of family. And you needed the break from gfgdom and such too.

Oh, I got Aubrey the FP Castle playset........OMG she ripped the paper off enough to see what it was and I swear the child nearly fainted!! :rofl: And Nichole's boyfriend thought he try his hand at breaking the family tradition of opening 1 gift at a time.....He wrapped a large present tagged to me. I opened it to find another wrapped present to husband, who opened it to find another wrapped present to Travis, who opened it to fine another wrapped present to sister in law (who it was really for). Much to boyfriend's frustration, it was all done in order.....1 at a time. LOL It was so funny, even though he didn't manage to break tradition. :D

Hugs

meowbunny

I'm so glad that Christmas was so very good for you. You deserve some good, special times. So, did Wynter have fun yesterday? Sounds like you, Devon and girlfriend did.

F

flutterbee

MB - Wynter had a great day, too. She had picked out gifts for everyone. She really put a lot of thought into them and was so excited to give them. She smiled and laughed a lot and there were no meltdowns or arguing or perseverating.

It really was a wonderful day.

Re: Marley and Me. If you haven't read the book, it's a cute movie. If you've read the book, you'll probably be disappointed. It was still funny and there was a lot of sniffling going on in the theater at the end, but it didn't really capture the book.

I'm glad your family had a great day!! The "stuff" and the "things" aren't what makes it special and meaningful to us adults. Having everyone home and happy is Christmas enough for me. (You have got to see Benjamin Buttons! I loved the book Marley and Me, I want to see that movie next)-ALYSSA

Jena

wow that's really cool. I'm glad that the day went so very well. It is funny, right? the year you have the least is the year it was the absolute best. I love the idea of the movie in the old theatre thing, that sounds great.

I"m glad wynter had a great day as well. you were do a seriously good day. that's great!!!!