? about adjustment disorder with mixed emotions and conduct disturbances

Aliciav78

Does anyone know about this? I am having a hard time finding info on it, we found out monday my 10yo son has this. I would like to look it up..

smallworld

Hi Alicia, what kind of doctor gave out this diagnosis? Has your difficult child gone through any family turmoil -- adopted from foster care, divorced parents or child abuse, for example?

klmno

My son has that diagnosis- it doesn't mean a lot, I don't think, other than giving a label to explain that some things greatly disturb him and instead of it always coming out in the form of depression or anxiety, it can cause extreme moods of varyiing types and resulting disruptive behavior. Google adjustment disorder. The "mixed emotions and conduct disturbance" is kind of a sub-category, from what I found, because apparently there are other ways it can be exhibited. I found it useful in helping others to see that the behavior issues were a result of other issues, not the cause. If he's having behavior problems at school, this should help. Also, it would help a therapist in working with him.

Aliciav78

Yes his dad and I got divorced 5 years ago. We also moved from the only place he has ever lived 4 months ago. We moved a hour away to my boyfriends. My difficult child also is dealing with his dad and the fact his dad may to to jail for a poor choice he made. So yes he does have a lot of new thib\ngs in his life.