Absolute resentment of difficult child, want him gone..

cindygirl

Stormy

I can appreciate where you are coming from. We all have moments when we would rather see them gone or dead then to envision them living a lifetime of this. Your frustration is natural and it doesn't make you a bad person. In Canada they are forced to keep kids in school (honest its the law to send your children to school) but mine hasn't attended regularly since Oct. 15. She is in Grade 8 and while we blithely believed she was going to school she was skipping with friends and off doing drugs and I really don't want to know what else. We finally found out she was skipping at the end of November (they send a note home when she doesn't bring gym strip, but no letter for missing 47 days) when she disappeared for 3 days. The last day my daughter attended school I had 5 phone calls from the Vice Principal because our difficult child wasn't working dillegently in class and was fiddling with her purse. Really, she only missed 58 days. I called the superintedent of the school and was referred to Leadership services. We asked for a change of school or a homework program and they referred us back to the same school. Yesterday I had 2 people from a Mental Health Crisis centre sitting on my couch asking why an Attendance Board had not been held. Because they don't want her there.

wakeupcall

Wow, Cindygirl, you have your hands full. I'm a believer in you do the best that you can do for your children and that's all there is. At age fourteen, if she doesn't want help, I think it would be much less effective, no matter what you did. If we could play a film ahead ten years and show our children what they're setting themselves up for, it might make a difference. BUT, we are only adults and we know NOTHING. That being said......I'm glad you joined us. We have a great sounding board!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Stormy - just wanted to say that I've also felt like you're feeling now as well. Sending you many gentle hugs. I hope you're able to get a little respite somehow.