Another fight

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by crazymama30, Apr 13, 2007.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

difficult child got in a fight on the school bus yesterday. An administrator was called to pick up the 2 boys, and take them to priniciple's office. husband picked difficult child up. He was sitting with a friend, and difficult child said they pull each other's hair in play. difficult child got too rough (big shock) and they ended up in a fist fight. They said they will follow up on discipline today at school. I am leaving town at noon. husband does not deal with this stuff well. I am calling the school, and asking if difficult child will be suspended, and if the answer is yes or we do not know, he will stay home. I have been planning this weekend for months, and will not allow his act to throw a wrench in it. Am I being selfish?
  2. Alisonlg

Alisonlg New Member

I'm so sorry! :frown: I don't think you're being selfish at all for keeping your weekend away! I always try to remind myself that I can't allow my entire life to be ruled by my difficult child. You are entitled to have things scheduled in your life just for YOU!

3. Sunlight

Sunlight Active Member

do what you planned, the punishment and or problem will be there when you get home.
  4. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member need to do things for yourself in order to be able to
    appropriately parent difficult kids. Go and enjoy! DDD
  5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm glad you decided to keep your weekend away-you deserve it and need the time away!
  6. oceans

oceans New Member

I think that you need this weekend and it is great that you are doing something for yourself!
  7. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Take the weekend & enjoy! You need & deserve the respite. :smile: