Any experience with "The Total Transformation"?

Indianamomof4

I've heard the ad on the radio some time ago and have recently checked it out online. I think you put in the title and add .com at the end. Anyway, my dex called this morning and mentioned it as well. His opinion? It can't hurt. Yeah, but he's not paying for it, I am. Actually, I'm going to request half the cost from him.

My difficult child has an evaluation scheduled on the 28th. It's been so bad lately that I want to pull all my hair out and run in the middle of a busy highway. My whole house is affected... my nerves feel shot. Anyway, I read the testimonials on this and read more about it and I'm going to give it a try. There's even a special program in addition to it for ADHD/ADD kids. It's only 19.00 to try for a full month, then you send it back if it's not working. What do I have to lose?

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this program.

susiestar

Roll With It
Interesting. Sounds expensive though. Some of hte techniques sound similar to Love and Logic. Love and Logic has some free downloads and other stuff on their website. I have had great results with love and logic, but htis sounds like it might be worth a try.

Will dex pay half?

Susie

Indianamomof4

I'm not sure if he'll pay. I can afford it, but I just don't want to be scammed. You know, I did find some "used" ones on ebay that I'm watching :wink:

I'll keep you all informed.

DFrances

Banned
I am not a big fan of Total Transformation. I have yet to meat a parent that I know who has had any success. Using it in private practice is very different than handing to off to a parent with no therapeutic skills. Check out carefully the money back guarantee.

Parents looking for the "magic fix" will not find it this way. It's the eternal quest for families... how to resolve, and even prevent, arguments and bad behavior. Arguments arise when children don't know how to solve their own problems, and feel helpless.They use power, and aggression, disrespect, abuse, obnoxious behavior, to solve problems, and to get control. They experiment with different ways of solving problems, and those for whom the temper tantrums work, they use them. They're throwing bigger tantrums until they're 18 years old, and punching holes in the wall. Parents get drawn in. typical teen teaches that when an argument looms - "Disconnect."

typical teen is more like the 1950s approach of Ward Cleaver. Some of the tactics might backfire with teens.

It may work if you are just beginning to notice some things, but I have concerns about those situations where it has already escalated and needs more intervention.