Buddy I was wrong

flutterby

Fly away!
It's not acidili-whatever the heck it's called that you're not supposed to take if you have an autoimmune disorder. It's echinacea.

I was at the grocery store last night with a friend looking at alfalfa sprouts (not because I wanted them, but because I wondered why they were selling lawn grass in the produce section :) ), and she told me that you're not supposed to eat alfalfa if you have an autoimmune disorder. It brings on a flare. I replied that you're also not supposed to take echinacea. Then I realized that I had told you about the acidili-whatever the heck it's called and needed to fix it.

:)

buddy

OH, ok... no biggie...

Yes I that is what I thought too....about the echi....whatever....

those are the cold/viral suppressants right? Makes sense then that they would not be good for any immune problem....

Thanks for checking back!

InsaneCdn

Now, THAT makes more sense.

Because echinacea works by putting the immune system under more stress, to rev up the immune response, its easy to see why that would be a problem if you have an autoimmune disease!

buddy

I haven't needed the acidophillus (sp?) for a long time, have only been on antibiotics in the form of ear drops once in the last maybe 10 years so luckily I have been pretty healthy. (knocking cyber wood) But when I have needed it, it seemed to make me not get the yeast issues.

DammitJanet

Well I have put Bactrim and all other sulfa drugs on my banned list. After the horrid experience I had with it I will never go through that again. I guess I am going to be stuck with cipro and e-mycin.

buddy

yeah, that was terrible. I remember a doctor telling me years ago if I got an antibiotic to just ask for the one day tab that you can get right away. I wonder if they still have that? I have no clue what it was called it was many many years ago but it just popped into my headache brain.