Can dna testing be done before birth

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by everywoman, Jun 5, 2007.

1. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

I need to know quickly. Anyone know?
  2. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Yes, but only with the mother's consent as it requires taking a sample of the amniotic fluid which is an invasive procedure and places the baby at risk.

Google "pre-natal dna testing"
  3. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound good...

Here's a link to one place that does it. You will probably want to shop around...
  4. KFld

KFld New Member

My thoughts exactly. Hope your not beginning what I just finished.
  5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh this thread is making me very nervous! I hope this doesnt mean what I think it means.
  6. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Yes, ladies it means what you think. I'm angry. Not ready to talk yet.
  7. DammitJanet

Sorry hun. It never ends but will be here if when you are ready. Wish I could carry this pain for you.
  8. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Nope! Wouldn't wish this on anyone else. It's too hard to even fathom. I can't help my kid. He's done nothing to desrve this. He's a good guy and a good father. Maybe he is a lousy husband---but even one deserves this.
  9. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Are we talking the 24yr old or the 19yr old?
    I apologize but I'm somewhat out of the loop.
  10. DammitJanet

Fran there is a post on page 2. She is talking about the 24 year old.
  11. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

12. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Please don't think that I think he is a lousy husband. He is 24. He already owns a nice home in a nice community. He works hard. He has put her through the last 1 1/2 of college. She has never held a job. He can be hard to live with. He is a perfectionist. But, he nor his son deserve to be treated like this.
  13. DammitJanet

I would like to meet the person who was the perfect spouse. I doubt they exist. No one is perfect. No one deserves this.
  14. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Sending hugs your way. DDD
  15. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Sending hugs too.
  16. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Thanks all for the hugs. I will explain more in a few days. I need some time to soak all of this up. It is too much to even wrap my brain around. I feel like a guest on the Jerry Springer show. It's embarassing to say the least. I'm like a momma bear right now and I am trying to be supportive of pcson without overstepping my boundaries or his. I'm the only one he has to vent to, so I have to just stay non-judgmental and not say something that may put him on the defensive if he should ever take her back.

Pre-op tomorrow and knee surgery on Thursday.
  17. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Sending hugs to you.

Good luck with the surgery on Thursday.