Grrrrrr. So, I've had some suspicions that katie has not been calling shelters/churches due to the "migraines" and staying in bed. Course I'm not with them at the motel, so I can't say for sure. But I know that when they were here and she had one she'd stay in bed and did no calling. So I'm assuming the same has been going on there. Lord knows Katie has always been what I call a wuss when it comes to feeling bad.......something she takes after her dad and biomom coddled the hades out of her whenever she was sick. Not trying to be hard hearted, but when a roof over your head means you get up and move.......I don't care how bad you feel you get up and move. Most especially when 3 kids are counting on you to keep them fed and housed. I haven't seen/heard from katie since the outing on thurs. That means there was no going to head start to sign up Evan, no applying at more places for work, or even going out to welfare to push along the medical card they've been approved for so katie can get her medications. Nada. Nothing. So I just get off the phone with kaite. Hmm first time she's used the phone since she's been there. Seems she "did her calls to shelters" and wilmington suddenly reveal to her that their county residence come first above her. Hmm I find that interesting as I said that was most likely the case 2 wks ago to her. Then she said our shelter told her there is now a 3 month wait. WTH? How? IF she's been calling everyday and they filled with new people she should've been called, was not. She's not even at the top of the list, not with a 3 month wait because that shelter works hard and getting people through the program asap and moving them out so new people can come in, the director told me that when I called before katie even got here. Oddly churches do not call her back..........not even here. Has to make me wonder. I did look up yet another shelter in dayton she'll call when she comes over in a while. It's for families so maybe there is an opening..........and honestly I don't give a crud that it is located in dayton. I told her to call our local catholic church again. Told her that she would park the whole family in their sanctuary if necessary and refuse to budge until they found a solution. Even told her d/v shelter if necessary,. We are badly behind in bills due to the week they stayed here already. And while I don't want to look at my grandkids and say No, you have to freeze on the streets.................I also don't want to risk losing everything I HAVE WORKED HARD FOR to offer them a place to stay. And right now as I'm in the middle of a major PTSD moment, I could care less if that sounds cold and heartless. And no, I can't take in the kids without the parents. It's the volume of people, the effect on utilities husband and I are already struggling to pay......and barely meeting. I've looked for other shelters thinking there has to be something. But everyone is geared to single adults. Excuse me? Families are never homeless??? If you're lucky a shelter might have 2 family rooms. Geez totally unbelievable..........and I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it for myself. Could totally smack her upside the head for not keeping with the phone calls and coddling herself over the headaches. But to confront her with it is to outright call her a liar because she told me she has. And I have no proof that she hasn't. But there is no way our shelter jumped from a month wait to 3 mos with her calling asking for help. She would've gotten in by now. Now the money is obviously running out and she's in panic mode. I'm expected to save them again. I can't save them, or I risk putting us into the same position. And I can't do that. My self preservation mode won't let me. Currently it's a war with my Momma mode.........at the moment it's winning. But I swear I don't know how I'm going to look her in the eye and say No. I don't know where that strength is going to come from, I don't even know if I have it in me. If it were just her and M I'd tell her to deal with it and not think twice. But there are 3 little kids involved and that makes me furious. I'm guessing with the hints she was throwing out today they don't have this weeks rent paid up afterall. Bet they come to pick up the kids for supper and either ask to stay or expect to stay. Gut feeling that I really really hope is dead wrong. At least a week would be some time..................dunno if it would make any difference.......but something. ugh omg But I swear if she's gone about finding shelters spots the way she has jobs.................Then she hasn't done any calling the whole time they've been in the motel or very d*mn little. At the moment I'm having a really hard time feeling empathetic. I hope it's enough to carry me through so I can be strong enough to tell them NO you can't come here. And to be able to word it tactfully. Some days I just wish someone would shoot me and get it over with. Thanks for the ramble.