difficult child husband VENT -- Instability (AGAIN)

TerryJ2

Whew! What a trip. (Excuse the expression.)

He was amazingly clueless about how his outburst today affected me. He was acting as if nothing unusual had happened at all!

Uhh ... him and 80 zillion other DHs out there ...

Seriously, I like your idea of emailing him and calling him on the carpet. Something short and sweet, that does not cut him slack but does not belabor the point.

I like what you said about being secure in your own reality. Awesome. :)

Lothlorien

Trileptal is the sister drug of Tegratol. Trileptal is the "cleaned up" drug of Tegratol (at least that's what I was told by Missy's neuro). I guess it's worth a try, but my feeling is that he may need a more generalized seizure medication if he is still having seizures and not responding to partial seizure medications.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks Terry :)

Loth, I guess we'll see what happens. psychiatrist says husband tends toward the depressive end, which is probably why Lamictal was so great for his mood! What I really wish is that the psychiatrist would just level with husband at TELL him there's something going on, but I guess he can only address what husband brings to him as an issue. Another reason I should probably go to one of his psychiatrist appointment's, but he always seems to have him scheduled for early when I have to get kids to school. Oh well, we'll get him straightened out eventually :p