difficult child is so nasty

Jena

hi hope everyone is having a good week off with their difficult child's........mine is nasty, nasty, nasty. wow is all i can say!

she goes from being nice to being totally nasty, sarcastic, accusatory and well like easy child!!!

Constantly with the faces she makes like woo is me if i say no to something to get a rise out of me, bouncing off the walls the past few days and never still unless she's shoving more food into her.

we are on the 7 day countdown till we move and i cannot wait just in hopes that she will settle down somewhat when it happens. we have her birthday on the 28th and moving 2 days prior to it, so talk about over stimulation.

there's really nothing we can do at this point other than just deal with it to be honest and ride it out. so i have one teenager and one nasty difficult child, and alot of rooms not packed yet. yay me.

difficult child is already talking about the house, the size of it being nervous about the size of it and the next minute talking about how excited she is. The nastiness though is unreal, it's like difficult child mixed with teenager if that makes any sense at all. She keeps eating so much its a daily fight to keep her away from food. she eats a ton of food than complains about how huge she is getting and doesn't fit into her clothes.

overall its a good time, thanks for letting me vent. i've had zero time lately to come in here between dealing with her, trying to pack and trying to dodge work somewhat this week and work inbetween difficult child being home all week long.

Jena

she packed some stuff, but she's just a nasty nasty girl right now. so i'm ignoring her when she's nasty to be honest. lol. i can't engage with her when she's like that i refuse to, and timing her out at her age and height is a joke. :)

how are you i hope well.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. I imagine seh is filled with anxiety right now, though that is no excuse to be nasty to people. I hope you can have her spend lots of time in her room? Just a suggestion.

I hope work is going well, and that this passes. What medications is she on now to drive the hunger?

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry. I'm experiencing that myself right now with my difficult child so I can definitely relate. Hopefully once the move is complete she will calm down some. Hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
difficult children tend to struggle with change in a big way. Given your difficult children diagnosis of anxiety based disorders really intensifies the situation.

Is there anyway you & she can work on packing her room together in a fun way? I know this will take time however, I've found using time together with kt as she packs for respite really calms her transition time to & from the respite house.

A move to a new home is huge ~ I'd have to take a box a day with kt & put on her favorite music & dance with her while we would pack. It takes her mind off of the anxiety - seriously. Plus, while she is "in charge" so to speak of packing her room, she can label the boxes to know where her favorite things are & know they are packed.

I might suggest moving back the b/day party or just having a small family celebration this year. Might help.

ctmom05

difficult child's tend to feed off of everyone else's energy level and pending transitions. Can you dig deep into your bag and tricks and try to come up with some self-calming ideas for her?

B

bran155

I'm sorry you are having such an awful week. I can't wait until school starts either. I hope your day gets better and that you are able to survive the rest of the vacation with little or no scarring! lol

Hang in there, it will be over soon. :)

Jena

hi guys! thanks for the support, it is soo to be expected i'm jumpy and i'm not a difficult child or a kid! LOL

We did do the packing together, and she liked that and was umm really quick she's ready to go NOW! she's like ok let's go now. I said no, not yet. shes starting to talk about the size of it and being nervouos and i told her not to worry mommy will have to adjust also and we'll work at it together, get a nightlight, learn our way around in the dark one night for fun stuff like that.

i'm just trying to be patient with her right now best i can, i do take into consideration that i'm stressed and she's seeing it.

not to mention the babysitter went awol on us this week also and she's home for the week from school so i'Tourette's Syndrome been difficult keeping up with work and the kids. she may spend sometime at the restaraunt tmrw so i can go to two appointments. we'll see.