Does anyone have a recipe for dog biscuits?

Josie

We have made Snickerpoodles

After we gave some to our neighbor, their dog was no longer interested in his regular dog biscuits.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't have a recipe for dog biscuits, but there's a gourmet candy place in town that sells dog biscuits dipped in almond bark in fancy little bags. Supposedly the almond bark isn't bad for dogs like chocolate. I dunno...haven't looked into it. But Wee is always wanting to buy some for his dog, and they do look yummy...for a dog biscuit.

ctmom05

My favorite recipe resource is Taste of Home. There are 3 recipes on their website; Dog Biscuits, Whole Wheat Dog Biscuits, Garlic Cheese Dog Biscuits

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmmm I'm wondering if these would be cheaper to bake than buying them. My 3 dogs go through biscuits pretty fast, it adds up. lol

DammitJanet

I buy a huge bag of PB dog cookies from Walmart that mine love. I mean LOVE! They are for big dogs but even my little 6 pound dog gobbles them up.

Hearing about that almond bark I think I will buy some of that for Xmas and dip some of those PB bones in it and sprinkle some red and green sprinkles on them and make them some treats...lol. Sounds like a Keyana project!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
My sister in law in England sent me a little box of dog cookie cutters and treat receipe's - I think there is 7 of them (all have a 9 or 10 bark rating :) )

Veggie Dog Treats - 1/2 cup each canned carrots and beans (no salt added), 1/4 cup of water, 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 cup of rice flour, 1/2 cup wheat germ, 1/4 cup of Brewers Yeast,, 2 tbsp garlic powder, 1/4 cup olive oil Preheat oven to 325 - puree carrots, beans and water. Combine in large bowl all the dry ingrediants then mix in puree and olive oil. Roll out dough to 1/4 to 1/8 inch thickness and cut out treats. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 15 minutes - makes 3 to 5 dozen treats. Will keep in airtight container for several weeks.

The have some receipe's that use BBQ sauce, or Peanut Butter, Paramasian Cheese, Beef Liver, Fruity Pebbles I can send to you

Marcie

ctmom05

I tried baking biskies for my dog. I'm not sure if it's cost effective - it was a little labor intensive at times. Our pooch enjoyed her treats; she also likes store bought.

Last edited:

Mattsmom277

What a fantastic idea. I've been wanting to do something for my neighbor whose dog I sit for when she goes out of town. We're pretty close as neighbors and I adore her old granny dog. I think because our bond began over her dog, I'll make a batch of these and paint a special container for storage with the dog's name on it etc.
All of these recipes seem so easy. I like the simplicity of Hope's recipe. Hope, are these rollable, as in can be cut with cookie cutters to make bone shapes?