Early in the game...however,

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Jan 19, 2007.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

our extended pass home is going well for kt. She's matured in many ways & not so much in others.

This morning over breakfast she told me that she learned to "stop & think" before acting. And that she is real excited to be coming home.

However she did tell me, "mom, I'm afraid that it's going to come back - the weirdness in my head". I had to reassure her that if it did we would handle it. In the meantime, keep doing what you're doing & dad & I would worry about it.

That seemed to satisfy her anxiety this morning. Just wanted to share something positive with you. :princess:

2. Sunlight

Sunlight Active Member

so, you are feelilng like dancing, huh?? that is so wonderful! I am happy for you two, thanks for sharing!

3. Penta

Penta New Member

I am so thrilled to read your post. Small steps can become big changes after time. kt's self awareness of her difficulties show maturity for a 12 year old. Your reassurance will help her anxiety.

I hope you 2 can get that sewing room set up and sew up a storm.

Even if the extended home visit isn't 100% for kt, the growing up you see will continue on an up and down basis.

Take care.

4. isabel

isabel New Member

Even if it is early, Linda, I know those words and her attitude right now is balm for a long hurting heart. Many hugs to you and kt and hopes that this is the beginning...Iz

5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Linda,
    I'm glad to hear she is doing so well. I'll dance with you. :princess:

6. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Iz, you're right - this has been a balm for me. I know that kt will test; my eyes are wide open here.

Yet this tiny picture of who kt can be is soothing to my soul.

We have a long way to go - she may need further treatment. I will take it a day at a time. The dissociative states haven't been seen in 3 months or so. That's been our biggest fear. It may be different tomorrow.

A day at a time! :warrior:

7. Janna

Janna New Member

I'm very happy for you, Linda. I'm glad you have something positive to post about your daughter :bravo:

I hope things continue on a positive path for kt. As you know, all body parts are crossed here for you all.

Janna

8. Lori4ever

Lori4ever New Member

You're right. It is a day at a time. But she has came a long way. I'm so thrilled for both of you!

9. On_Call

On_Call New Member

Linda,

I was AWOL from the web yesterday and so just saw this post. I hope the extended weekend visit continued on the same positive route! I love those glimpses of the true personality and demeanor of our difficult child's - they are a gift, I think.

Bet you were grinning as wide posting the thread as I am reading it!! :bravo:

10. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

All smiles here Linda. Glad she is making so much progress. -RM

11. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Enjoy! DDD

12. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Linda

It warms my heart that you're getting to enjoy these moments with kt bug. The road ahead will be rocky for a bit, I'd imagine. But these glimpses at kt's potiential help smooth the way some.

All in all kt bug has come a long way.

hugs