easy child and I touring her new school this morning

gcvmom

Here we go again!
She has been railing against our decision to transfer her to the GATE magnet in the Fall every time we mention it. Lots of "I'm NOT going!", "I HATE you!", and "You're ruining my LIFE!"

I'm fairly certain the negativity stems from fear. I've been holding firm and acknowledging how she feels but not trying to argue the point. It's already a done deal and husband and I feel it's in her best interest. Plus she will know one or two kids there already. She makes friends easily, and there's no reason she can't continue to be involved with the friends she has now.

There's a tour for new families today and tomorrow. I asked her which day she wanted to go, and at first it was the typical "I'm NOT GOING!" But finally after telling her that we ARE going and she could either pick which day or I would, she relented and chose today.

It's just so funny to watch and listen to her. I'm slowly learning not to push back or engage in the power struggle. Theoretically this should work with the difficult child's as well, but for some reason they (especially difficult child 1) push my buttons better.

I'll update when we get back. Should be interesting!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it went okay. She glowered and poked me most of the time, mouthing that she was B-O-R-E-D. There was a girl from her reading class there, so I think that helped her relax a bit. Man, she is just an obnoxious brat when she feels the slightest bit out of her element.

Anyhow... I've got the registration paperwork, so it's just a matter of completing it and sending it in.

The school underwent a complete renovation this year, and all classrooms will be "smart" classrooms with the latest in cutting-edge technology. Very impressive.

She'll start an hour earlier than difficult child 2, whose new school is clear on the other side of town about 8 miles away -- I'll need that extra time to get him there... which means he's going to have to be ready to go when she is. And difficult child 1 is walking to school this year (YES!) -- but he'll have to be leaving before all of us as he'll start an hour before easy child (that should be interesting...)

I'm excited -- three new schools, three new schedules. Sometimes change is good. :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
SOunds like it is good! Will you have to get them all to these different schools! Sounds like you will be busy.

She will adapt, change is always scary.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I only have to get the younger two to and from school. difficult child 1 gets to walk to school next year (YAY)!

M

ML

I like the 8 year plan lol.

Leaving the room was a good move, girl. Great job.