Exercising & healthy eating-how are

Wiped Out

Staff member
you doing? As usual I've been well with my exercising. I had been doing well with my eating but then with all the traveling I went off track and am having a hard time getting back to my healthy eating. I'm afraid to go to work at ww on Saturday-probably have gained about 5 pounds (will still be at my goal but not where I want to be). Yikes!

So how the rest of you doing?

Thanks for the reminder!!! As always, I've been exercising consistently. However, I've been busy and have had to shorten some of my workouts. I'm hoping that after this coming Monday, I won't have to keep doing this.

I used to sacrifice sleep in order to get in a full workout. Lately I just can't do it. I find that as I'm getting older, I need more sleep. Or, maybe its because I'm waking up too much from all the hot flashes...

Anyway, I've been trying to eat healthier but have been slipping too. For me, I know its stress. Even though I know I'm an emotional eater, I still do it from time to time.

I know you're going to get back on track!!! You're very strong and have lots of determination. You can do it!!! :smile: WFEN

busywend

Sharon, Sharon, Sharon......I have been a bad girl! Last week I slacked on the exercise - this week the food!

I do believe it is stress eating. Comfort food is on the menu! I have to pull out of it. I just have not figured out how yet. I am only up 1 pound.

:scared:

Just a reminder for all of us - Today is a new day. We CAN do this!!! :smile:

As I've said before, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." A coworker once said this to me years ago. I'm not sure, but I think she got this saying at Weight Watchers.

Remember, today is the first day of the rest of our lives. Let's make it a healthy one!!! WFEN

BusynMember

I have a steady routine. I set my alarm clock for 4am (yes, you saw it right), get up and am working out at our local YMCA by 5am. Home by 6am. That way I have the whole day ahead of me and I already did the workout, which I hate...lol. I try very hard to eat healthy--lots of yogurt, fruit, veggies, turkey patties--I do count calories, but have days I slip. I was 180 lbs. two years ago. I'm about 125-130 now. I did it all by calorie counting and working out. I feel much better and ten years younger. In fact, I can run up and down the stairs with no hands and not get winded...lol. I love to show off! Part of the secret is I never smoked. I think that really matters, especially as you edge over 40 and especially 50. I don't do "fad" diets because it has been proven that their effects don't last. (Or so I read)

Way To Go MWM!!! You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Losing and keeping over 50 lbs. off takes lots of determination and hard work.

I don't do "fad" diets either. I just try to eat healthy. I don't deny myself any one food. I believe all foods are ok if eaten in moderation. Besides, in my humble opinion, if you don't change your eating habits permanently, you'll regain all the weight that you worked so hard to take off. in my humble opinion, being thin is actually a lifestyle. WFEN

KateM

Weight Watchers helps me tremendously! This summer, I've lost a little over 20 pounds. I have 15 more to go to reach my goal wt.As expected, the weight is coming off slowly now. I'm losing about .5 to 1 pound/week, whereas before I was losing 2-3 pounds weekly.

Weight Watchers keeps me motivated. Just feeling healthier is also great motivation to keep it up.

I definitely need to step up my exercise. I've been doing cardio 3 times weekly but strenth training only sporadically. That's my goal this week!

Thanks for this thread, Sharon!

AllStressedOut

I'm doing great with the walking every day. It makes me feel better, with the exception of my seasonal allergies.

I've decided, just like WFEN, that no food is prohibited, I just eat less. I don't get seconds on anything. I eat 1 loaded taco instead of two loaded tacos. I drink a bunch of water.

I haven't lost a single pound since my first 10 lbs, but I've kept those 10 off. I'm sure eventually it will start coming off 1/2 pound at a time, but that's okay. The slower the better so that it becomes my lifestyle rather than a quicky diet that I'm going to gain all the weight back on.

K

Kjs

I started going to the gym early about 4am on my days off. did that for the first week, (three days off)..then the gym closed for two weeks to clean the pool and maitenance in the facility. then I started back again, but not so early. then I got sick.
Now, still not feeling well, I have absolutely no desire or energy to start all over again.

goldenguru

I walk 4 miles every day. (One of the benefits of having a big ol dog) I just have a hard time 'dieting'. I love to cook. I love to eat. I carry about 10 extra pounds ... so be it. I don't worry about it like a used to.

I eat healthy. But I also allow myself the things I enjoy (just had homemade pumpkin/walnut bread with peanut butter on it for breakfast). :spaghetti:

Walk lots. Eat well. Drink good wine! Thats my motto.

bby31288

Tonight will be mine and easy child 1 third weigh in at WW. We are both down 6 lbs. But its almost that time of the month for me, and I am feeling very bloated today. Besides the crankieness and the craving for sweets. So we will see. I may be ok considering I had a stomach virus Tuesday into Wednesday...but yesterday when I was finally feeling better I had a bunch of saltine crackers!! I love WW it has helped me in the past. I just need to really make the commitment to change my eating habits. Will add exercise soon, still to tired all the time.

Wiped Out

Staff member
WFEN-I love that saying-I did hear it at a ww meeting years ago. I think I'll try to remind myself of that.

Wendy-Up one pound isn't too bad-you'll get back on track.

Beth-I know it can be hard to get motivated-you can do it!

Nomad-I'm going to buy some of the soups this weekend!

MWM-Good for you. A few years back I used to get up at 3:30 to go work out. Not sure if I could do it again if I needed to.

Kate and Nomad-I agree ww is great! For me it has been all about a healthy life style!

ASO-Good for you and your walking!

Kjs-I hope you are feeling better soon and feel more like getting in some workouts-remember it is o.k. to start out a bit at a time.

GG-Four miles a day is great! I love your motto!

Bby-I hope ww went well for you tonight.

I agree in no food prohibited. Right now though I've had too many munchies in the house and not getting to dinner til late so I've been munching way too much. I think for a bit I need to bring in a few less munchies-not eliminate but all things in moderation.

I do have to say I've surprised myself. I've been doing weights for about 6 months now and for the last two I've even started doing the bench press (only 49 pounds but for me that has been exciting)!

G

guest3

I went 5 full days without a softdrink or sugary snack food. If you know me you know this was quite a feet, as my blood is composed of 40% snapple and 60% pepsi. Then after back 2 school night for difficult child I, sigh............ I found myself drinking a Snapple and eating a king size snickers icecream bar sigh............ been bad all day today too, I am getting sick now, I think God is punishing me, scratchy thoat and stuffy nose, nothing tastes anyways.