Feels like childhood is over.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My kids are all finally out of elementary school and it feels like their childhood is over. I know that it's not, but they aren't "little" kids anymore. It just hit me today and I'm feeling a little wistful over this new phase we are entering and the one we leave behind. Which frankly, is nuts, because it means I'm completely ignoring all the painful drama and issues we've had to cope with up until now. And NOW is when things finally feel relatively stable!

crazymama30

G...they will always be your kiddos, and you will always be their mommy. I also agree with tm....though I have never met your kiddos I think I know enough to know she is right on

InsaneCdn

My son is now 4 inches taller than I am (and I swear he's adding an inch a week right now!), and weights are equal.
I really can't call him "my little boy" any more...
But I keep telling him that he will always be "my little boy" in my heart... because I can't help it that I'm 30+ years older than he is!

JJJ

My baby started junior high this week. My sister stopped by with her kids and I snatched up her baby (2nd grader) and held on tight. I miss being able to carry them.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
JJJ, I think that's really what I meant by all this. I'm missing the days when they were little and could sit on my lap to read or snuggle. It's kind of the same feeling I had after husband had his vasectomy and the realization that there would not be any more babies hit me. At the time, I didn't WANT any more kids, but the no-going-back feeling made me sad. Maybe I'm just hormonal right now, lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
I know exactly how you feel. You don't really want to go back and you are exited for their new opportunities, but it is bittersweet to know that teh days of bedtime stories, sitting in your lap, etc... are past. thank you started middle school this week and I am feeling nostalgic for the "little kid" things also.