Funniest thing happened to me today

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm DJing an event at a major mall here in Vegas. It was supposed to be teen oriented. Had turn tables, I Pods, etc.

The manager comes up to me and says, "Girl...you have got to get some new clothes. Those are dripping off of you"

I'm in a business suit...thought I looked presentable. Guess not.

So, she picks out an outfit for me. High end stuff that I would never pay for. I put my computer on auto-play and go try it on. I'm telling you, I'd need another tank of oxygen to get these jeans on. The shirt is so retro that it would make your eyes spin.

End of story is that I wore the outfit for the night. Don't know if I'll ever be able to get those jeans back on. I swear, if I gain half a pound they'll never go back on.

Don't ask my advice about fashion.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds like you are stylin' now! I don't get fashion either. I have retreated to the "suburban mom" uniform of denim jumper and tshirt or blouse. Much easier than trying to figure out how to get "that look" on this body!

Enjoy your new look!!

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

Haven't you heard?? We're doing the 70's again. lol Retro is high fashion.

Heck, I wasn't thrilled with 70's fashion back in the 70's, be darned if I'm gonna wear it now. :sheepish:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Actually, the store had adorable clothes, but it's one of those that you spend $200 for a pair of jeans. Walmart works just fine for me. Did get a free outfit out of it, though!

I have to go back there today again. Unless she wants me to wear the same outfit...she better pony up another one. ;)

Abbey

scent of cedar

You must be really good at what you do, Abbey! So, how did you think you looked in the retro outfit? It must be pretty exciting to step out of the "this is who I am" mode we all get into.

I hope you DO get another outfit today!

:)

Barbara

Abbey

Spork Queen
I actually really liked it. (Not so fond of the butt crack jeans level...) BUT...it's like putting a 50 year old woman in teens clothes. It's kind of embarrassing.

Abbey