Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Another busy day today. Well, sort of.

We had a chance to sleep in a bit, then got ready to take difficult child 3 in to his therapist appointment. We rang the hospital to find out how mother in law is going. The nurse mentioned that there were appointments for her organised through the day which we took to mean she wouldn't be coming home. We took her stuff in for her anyway.

difficult child 3's appointment finished just on lunchtime. We headed back out of the city, stopped at one of our favourite fast-food places for lunch then headed to the hospital. Talked to mother in law - she's still very sore, needs help to get out of bed because of the pain. Her heart doctor has cut the problem medications (thank goodness) and finally someone is really looking at the combination of health problems she has, so we are hopeful that when she finally comes home, she will be in better shape.

Sis-in-law is getting frantic at times to know what is going on, because she is on the other side of the country and is really feeling the distance at the moment. The phone in mother in law's room isn't working so she can't ring her to find out personally.

We brought home mother in law's washing. Stopped off at the mall to do some shopping, then headed home. I drafted a long email for sis-in-law which should give her plenty of information.

The weather is getting hot again. Tomorrow I only have one, local, appointment. Unless the physiotherapist tomorrow leaves me in too much pain, I should get to the beach again. Fingers crossed!

husband is hoping to get some work done in his workshop. Last holidays he had, just after Christmas, got blown out of the water by mother in law in hospital. And it's happened again!

Hopefully I'll get him down to the beach tomorrow also, but not in the middle of the day when I choose to go. husband needs to be more careful in the sun, plus he doesn't relax as much there, he prefers to be home and pottering around.

This afternoon we bought some lychees with our groceries. difficult child 3 wants to plant the seeds - we looked it up but I don't have much hope that we will be successful. We do have the right climate though, which is good to know. No frosts here, not ever. We're too close to the sea.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everybody.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-I'm glad they are looking more closely at your mother in law so they can find out what is really going on. I hope you do get to the beach tomorrow!

Cold temps this morning-only 12 degrees but it is suppose to warm to 31-I hope so as I have afternoon recess duty. Tonight husband and I are really going to try and get to the health club-we'll see. This school year we have not been the best mostly because of easy child's schedule-we are usually too tired to motivate ourselves to go once whoever stayed on that side of town to pick her up (usually husband) gets home.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Marg, Sharon and all to follow!

Marg, hope husband can enjoy a little puttering holiday - I'm sure he is concerned about his mom though.

Sharon, temps in the 30's aren't bad! I hate to mentionthat we are supposed to hit 60 today.....

It will be an all office day today - continuation of year end and year beginning paperwork. I would like to get the W-2's out with the paychecks this week - a couple of the guys need only that to start their taxes....

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday.

Sharon

Marguerite

We're getting temps in the 30s too. Celsius, that is.

Although there has been a cooler breeze the last couple of days, taking the temp down 20 25 C. If you get out of the breeze, it's much hotter!

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, your day seems to have been a bit less busy ~ hope you & husband had a good time at the beach.

Sharon, keeping fingers crossed for a decent temp for recess duty.

Sharon, I hated having employees on my back about W2s ~ the law states you have until January 31st. Have a good day at the office.

Up & moving because kt is heading back to school today. No appts today - the barrage of people start tomorrow. Ick. I have time scheduled in for a nap then piano practice.

After kt is off I'm heading back to bed for a couple of hours - will only be getting up with kt til I know she is able to get up on her own & off to school.

kt had 2 girls over for several hours yesterday. It was good to see her hanging out with friends & I was able to keep an eye on what was going on. I explained to the girls as they walked in the door my house rules & that I expect those rules to be respected; also let them know that I deserve respect as well. The girls (to my face) accepted this & kt chimed in "mom's old fashioned but she's cool". Not sure I want to be the cool mom.

Have a good day friends.