Good thoughts for easy child at college

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Need any good vibes sent to easy child, who is stressing major at college right now. Tomorrow is Spring course selection and all of her major classes are already full from upperclassmen. She has been texting me throughout the day asking what can she take. Her anxiety starts going when she stresses. I know it is a learning lesson for her to figure it out, but boy it is hard not to want to call professors and advisors.

This parenting thing sure is hard LOL!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Hopeless, sending all kinds of good thoughts and warm wishes and ju ju and all I can muster for your daughter to find her peace, her own serenity............ and for all the 'perfect' classes to materialize for her...........hugs to you Mom.....

svengandhi

This is universal. If these are required for her major, maybe she can talk to her advisor and get an override for at least one. Can she take one over the winter or perhaps next summer? By the time I got cleared to take psychiatric 101, I was a junior and decided it wasn't worth the bother.

I remember my daughter wanted to take a theater class with her friend from home. Their majors were totally different and they never had classes together. Her friend, who had AP credits, got in but daughter didn't. Her friend dropped the class and daughter got the spot. She dropped it and neither of them wound up ever taking it.

Getting here late but thinking about your easy child, hoping things went better then expected.

I agree! Parenting is the toughest job there is - A total understatement, lol...! SFR

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Thanks all. She was able to get all but one course. She sent an email to the professor asking to be force added yesterday morning. Still waiting for his reply. Told her to follow up this afternoon after her classes are over. They have to be scheduled Monday so she is trying all she can to get in this course by the deadline. Next year will be all the same scheduling fun, plus looking for off-campus housing.....