Good thursday morning...

:good_morning: Everyone,

I haven't started this thread in ages! Anyway, today is supposed to be a beautiful, sunny day.:D I'm going for a jog after one more cup of coffee.

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

LittleDudesMom

:cutie_pie: Good Morning Board Compadres!

Good Morning SFR - I was thinking folks were sleeping in this morning!

We are going to stay in the 80's today - big thunderstorms scheduled for this evening that will usher in a few lovely days of sun and 60's. After our few days of 90's it will be welcome. The oak and pine pollen is incredible here in the southeast. Everything outside is covered in green. I hosed off the car and the back porch yesterday so that touching the banister or walking up the steps didn't track tons of pollen into the house. I usually will hose off the major walkways into the house daily at this time of the year!

Not much of the agenda but office work today. difficult child and I never made it to the book store the other day so we might attempt that this afternoon.

Janet, if you read this post, have you ever been to the U.S. Marine Museum up near Quantico? difficult child and I are thinking about going tomorrow - if you've been, is it worth it?

Have a great one everyone!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

SFR, good to see you! Enjoy your morning coffee.

Sharon/LDM, hopefully the thunderstorms will lay the worst of the pollen dust. Enjoy the cooler weather. I've noted how many of you have had hot weather - isn't it a bit early for it to be so hot? Or is it our unseasonal mild autumn so far that has me fooled?

We had a thunderstorm tis evening, quite a spectacular one. Some rain, but not enough to have me fetching a raincoat or umbrella. Otherwise it's been a warm, sunny day here today, although I could feel the coolness in the breeze. I could have enjoyed the beach though, it was warm enough. However, I was waiting on phone calls which didn't come through until I was at mother in law's and there was a storm. Thank goodness for cordless phones!

Tomorrow I have a meeting in the city at an art gallery. Not our main art gallery, but more of an "overflow" one, they've got the rejects from our recent Archibald/Wynne/Sulman competitions there. A few friends of ours have their work in there, I'm hoping to have a look after my meeting. Then we can wend our way back to our district so I can see my GP. Do some shopping on the way back. mother in law is coming too, bringing her walking frame so she can enjoy the gallery while I'm busy.

The news this morning announced Martina Navratilova's breast cancer. Her case sounds identical to mine - it's almost uncanny, almost to the day. The message is most important - don't neglect your mammograms. Maybe if I had not missed a couple of mine, my cancer could have been found in the pre-cancerous stage and I wouldn't be needing radiation treatment. But even though there was a delay, my chances also are 95% plus, I've been told.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Marg, it has been unusually warm early this year. After the unusually snowy and cold winter here in the states, this unusually hot spring weather shouldn't surprise us! We usually have a couple days that get hot in May around here - but 90's in April is unheard of! Fortunately we were dealing with no humidity issues so it did not feel oppressive like it does in the summer.

The rain will definitely help with the pollen dust - the numbers will probably be low in the morning but back up again by tomorrow afternoon. Our oak and pine pollen, which is what creates the layers of "green dust" will be at it's peak in the next few days...

Sharon

Marguerite

At least the heavier pollens are less likely to cause allergies. Over here, wattle (the "Aussie green and gold" plant) gets blamed for a lot of allergies because of the vast amounts of pollen it generates. But it's heavy and doesn't travel far; they are now blaming hay fever on grasses which flower at the same time as our wattle.

husband cut back our large Peppermint Gum on the weekend and mulched it. I spread the mulch through the backyard and my hands were sticky, just from light handling of the mulch. You can still smell the very strong peppermint eucalypt smell whenever we go outside. It's like pine resin only it really clears your head!

I just finished working on my performing CV, I have to hand a copy over tomorrow at the meeting. I've never bothered with this before... I've never kept notes, I'm so annoyed with myself for all the chances I've missed.

Marg