Greetings, friends!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Thought I'd pop in and see if you're all still around...yep!! Thought I'd give an update as to 'where in the world is Abbey' now?

The last year has brought many changes for me, some good, some not. I spent about 6 months in ND helping my sister open up a really cool restaurant. Winter was just arriving and I thought I'd make my merry way back to Vegas AGAIN. I stayed there until early Sept. trying to get any kind of job, but nothing was knocking on my door.

I decided to return to WI to care for my father in law again (Alzheimer's). I was there when I had two massive grand mal seizures. That landed me a very scary 9 days in a coma. Nothing like being able to hear what is going on around you but not being able to even open an eyelid. I'll never forget my daughter's voice as she called family letting them know they didn't think I was going to make it. haha...they don't know how stubborn I am.

Obviously I made it. I just got out of 2 1/2 months in a rehab center trying to make my feeble brain work again. I had great therapists and I'm nearly back to new. Just some memory issues. I was released on Thursday so I'm catching up on a lot of stuff.

I'm back with my husband after all these years of chaos so keep your fingers crossed for me on that issue. He has been very supportive.

J came to WI about 5 months ago and was kicked out of our home a few weeks ago. Some things never change. He is still living in WI and has actually had a job for most that time. My best guess is he's still using, but he's 30 years old and I can't change him. Got a call very early this morning that he'd been robbed. You never know if it's truth or another story.

All in all, things are looking up. I'm starting the job hunt slowly again. I'll go nuts sitting in the house.

I'm so glad to see you're all still around!!!

Abbey (Deb)

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Welcome back, Abbey! Did they say why you had the seizures? Were those your first ones? I'm glad you pulled through and hope it all works out with your husband.

DDD

Wow, Abbey, couldn't you have just disappeared to Disney World or something?? I'm so glad you recovered quickly and had great support. Honestly your description sounds frightening as you are the first person I've "known" who recounted hearing everything but being unable to do anything. Were you feeling any pain during that time? Scarey
stuff. My fingers are crossed that life just gets better and better for you. Hugs DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, Jeez, Deb! I'm so happy to see you and hear about all you've done! Scary about the seizures, glad you made it! Good luck and prayers to you and H. Hugs, I've missed you!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've had extremely mild epilepsy since early childhood. We used to call them the twitches. They are so minor that I have grown used to them over the years. The two months prior they were somewhat worse, but not alarming. The grand mal were certainly not expected. I'm glad I was in WI where the medical response team was there in under a minute. Their unit is next door to the Walmart that I had them in. (Sorry for the broken jewelry case, Walmart!!) If I was in Vegas...well, probably wouldn't have been pretty. The initial seizure felt like I was shot through the brain, then I don't remember anything after that. In fact, I couldn't remember weeks before or after it, but the therapy helped me slowly bring back bits of it. The most obvious issue was my speech afterwards. Somehow my brain had completely taken over pig Latin at that point. I'd reverse the first letter of two words all the time. Very frustrating.

Deb

DDD...no pain. I could just hear snippets of muddled conversation.

buddy

So glad you are on the mend. That must have been very frustrating to go through. Maybe all that difficult child training made you so tough that you were able to recover better than most!

Estherfromjerusalem

Oh my goodness, Abbey Deb! It is so wonderful to "see" you. I have really missed you. I'm so sorry about the grand mal, and twice! but you sound really good and I am so pleased you dropped in to say hello.

You were the glue that got me "stuck" to this place all those years ago, and changed my life.

Be well, and look after yourself. Hope things work out with your husband permanently. It's good that he's being supportive.

Love, Esther

Nancy

Hey Abbey/Deb nice to see you. Yep I'm still around. Every time I tried to leave difficult child went through another awful phase and now I found a home in the substance abuse forum. We've been through a lot the past couple years. Some things never change do they.

I'm sorry to hear about your seizures and hope they are over and don't come back. Glad to hear you are back with husband and things are going well. I'd hate the thought of you traveling around all over alone.

Thanks for checking in.

Nancy

Tiapet

Old Hand
Wow! Hello stranger, fancy meeting you at a place like this! Nice to see you. I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore of what will appear on the board. In this case, a good thing! :)

Welcome back and I do hope things continue on in upward trend with you.

Tia

TerryJ2

Hey, what a nice surprise! Welcome back.
So sorry about J. :(
And good grief, so sorry about the seizure and hospitalization. But SO GLAD you had rehab and are back! My goodness, what an update. Smooth sailing from here on in.

DammitJanet

Abby, Im so glad you are back. I also remember a ton of stuff from when I was in my coma. Remember the twins? That was from the doctor's saying something about me needing an ultrasound and Jamie then saying just tell her the ultrasound showed twins. No one ever thought I would hear them until I came to and I was adamant I was pregnant. I heard a ton of stuff but not all of it made a lot of sense to me. I made up all kinds of delusional things in my mind to go along with what I was hearing.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abby!!! Welcome Home! :)

Odd, you were on my mind quite a bit today..........um, well it's after midnight, so I guess it was yesterday. lol And poof! Here you are! So very nice to see you here again.

Hmm. What is it with members of this board and brain injuries anyway?? Glad you're doing so well. But man! Scary!

(((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well........Well........WELLLLLLLL..... (twists lips)))) SO THIS is why you don't call huh? (sneers_) Last I hear you're in Vegas with taking care of? And then you drop off the frimping map.....don't call......and WHAT DID YOU PROMISE?????? HUH????? If ANYTHING happend to you.....?????? (crosses arms) wasn't a daughter first name starts with MMMMMMMMM supposed to CALL HER AUNTIE STAR if AN>>>>>EEEEEEE THING happened to you.....????? (tapps foot, crosses arms) 000000lookes away wtih an indignant look......(puts up stop hand sign) noooooo no talk to the (points to it) hand......uh huh....

LUCY YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DO........and do not use my crazy work schedule to 'scuse yourself. hurmpph......

On the other hand,,,,,,,I GUESS..........*(*********I GUESS******** you were........in a coma.....gawd......*(snorts() could be an excuse I guess.........I guess......

Maybe you garner sympathy on this one.......but sheesh.......SPORK QUEEN......

Glad to hear from you again.......(mumbles)( even if it is only once or twice a year))))))))

Love you

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Deb, so good to have you check in. Holy smokes- what a ride for you the last few years! Here's hoping that peace and happiness are here to stay- they are way past due for you.

Hugs,
Susie