Guilty pleasures

buddy

For all you give IC, I hope you don't have one second of guilt. It's not like you do a ton of shopping or spa days or other things for yourself! LOL

For me, TV. I always have it on in the background even if I am not watching it.

trinityroyal

This is a difficult question, mainly because I don't feel guilty about stuff.

I suppose if anything, it would be HFTV (Horrified Fascination Television). Shows like Hoarders, Intervention, the one about the Duck Call manufacturers, those reno shows where some schmoe has made a complete wreck of his house and his wife is about to kill him...that sort of thing.

trinityroyal

Oh...and the chocolate-vanilla mousse recipe I just tried. With the extra chocolate, way too much whipped cream. An entire mixing-bowl full. Gone in an evening. Didn't even make it to the serving bowl.

I like to experiment with making decadent desserts, but I usually end up "sampling" them to death before anyone else gets to try them. And no, I don't feel guilty about that either. :biggrin:

(Is this just an Aspie thing? I'm never sure whether the punctuation goes before or after the smiley-face...)

Parker

This is a difficult question, mainly because I don't feel guilty about stuff.

I suppose if anything, it would be HFTV (Horrified Fascination Television). Shows like Hoarders, Intervention, the one about the Duck Call manufacturers, those reno shows where some schmoe has made a complete wreck of his house and his wife is about to kill him...that sort of thing.

I agree, not so much guilty just a reference...do I feel guilty soaking in the hot tub? Nope, not one iota...I've worked hard and put up with a lot both at home and at work.

InsaneCdn

Buddy... it's time taken away from: cleaning house (no, really, if I had webcam I wouldn't be on the net at all, it's that bad), time researching stuff for difficult child, time researching stuff for K2, for husband, time to do filing and paperwork (all overdue)... it really is a guilty pleasure. But it IS my sanity. At least here, some of the time, I can do something "right". Even when everything else in my world is crashing down!

buddy

wow, not one other thing on that list for yourself! (guilty of that myself too) at least it is a pleasure! Yes, it is my sanity too sometimes, just mho that you should have no guilt for doing something that keeps you sane!

Mattsmom277

Guilty pleasures, I suppose I have several, although I too tend to no longer have guilt surrounding them. Whew!

Books are my biggest ones. That may shock long term board members, considering my openness about my insane pj collection. But I speed read, so books gather and I spend more than I care to admit on them. I also no longer feel guilt when I shut the world (and the fam!) out of my mind in order to lose myself in a fictional world. There is nothing more relaxing and indulgent to me than curling up with a new book and not coming up for air until I am darn good and ready. Because this is a nearly daily experience, I once harbored guilt. No more though. Its my time, it hurts nobody, and it not only keeps me sane but also fuels my spirit and needs. A world without books would be unacceptable.

Now, if I could have them in a hot tub (minus a cigar, and some red wine in place of scotch, and a dish of trinity's desserts) I would truly worry that I may forget reality altogether and live permanently in a plethora of fictional lands.

trinityroyal

I sometimes, more often than not, bring a book with me.... :D
husband tries to escape to the hot tub with a book sometimes. However, when the Monster Tots know that Daddy is in the hot tub, they all decide to keep him company. Result: a soaked book, and no relaxation at all.

I know better. I hide in the bathtub with the door locked. They can thump, but they can't get in. MUWAHAHAHAH.

Parker

husband tries to escape to the hot tub with a book sometimes. However, when the Monster Tots know that Daddy is in the hot tub, they all decide to keep him company. Result: a soaked book, and no relaxation at all.

I know better. I hide in the bathtub with the door locked. They can thump, but they can't get in. MUWAHAHAHAH.

What do you think the cigar is for? :D

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
CD board, Facebook (massive time wasted there!), crocheting, a long hot shower, an occasional cigarette with a glass of wine on the patio, taking a day off from work so I can have the house all to myself!

Parker

Ok...got the tub caulked, now I'm going to hit the hot tub...any takers? :D

I should say I was working in the bathroom finishing the grouting job and I had to re-caulk the bath tub, not the hot tub.

Last edited:

Californiablonde

Facebook and reality shows. I watch everything from Jersey Shore (guilty!) Teen Mom, Intervention, Hoarders, and a whole bunch of bridal shows. I especially love staying up late and watching my bridal shows on Friday nights. I have no desire to get married myself. I just want the ring and the dress!

Californiablonde

I take "sick days" off a couple times a year too just to be home alone while the kids are at school. Love it! And the kids never even know...hee hee.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I don't have "guilty pleasures". I have sanity savors. For me...........for the past 13 yrs it has been the Sims computer games. I can create a make believe world any way I want........perfect and gfgless or full of difficult children having all sort of hilarious things happening to them. I don't feel a bit guilty about it. The game.......the way I can escape into it if necessary.....has prevented murder upon occasion. lol

katya02

Solace
Books, books, books - always have several on the go, different types for different needs. Hot tub when I can get it, although that's pretty much gone since the divorce. A couple of fingers of single malt ... Sigh.