happy groundhogs day!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by dreamer, Feb 1, 2009.

1. dreamer

dreamer New Member

hey this is a big event here. we had a dance & everything! lol. I'm not going in the morning to find out if he sees his shadow tho. brrr too cold for me

2. Kjs

Kjs Guest

Dreamer you are not far from me. I must have missed something. I have never heard of any Groundhog day celebration. Not that I ever looked for information. I must not pay very good attention to my surrounding areas and festivities.

I'Learning Disability (LD) go if I didn't work. Or at noon when I am done. I have to do something other than worry about the obvious things.

So - Does the Groundhog in Puxatony the predictor for the nation? Or does each state/region have their own prediction? I believe it is to be overcast in PA today.

3. Andy

Andy Active Member

Is it just my imagination or does it not matter if he sees his shadow or not - the prediction ends up being pretty much the same? Is it 6 more weeks or winter or Spring is just around the corner? Sounds the same to me. LOL!

Hey, How did my broken down computer add that thumbs down symbol? I don't want that! I like Groundhogs Day. You all really have to ignore my title images - I don't know how to control them.

Kjs - I believe Puxatony is the nation's official groundhog prediction. You can google Groundhogs Day and get a large amount of info including the official record of each year's predicitons.

I mean it - how do I get rid of that thumbs down symbol? My fingers slip and things happen - usually choosing the ones I don't want! I think it happened a few other times when I didn't mean it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  4. dreamer

dreamer New Member

KJS.......I will PM you, LOL

5. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Today, out of all the "holidays", is my H's favorite. I mean it, he loves Groundhog's Day and he even asked me to make him some French Toast this morning..."You know, because it's Groundhog's Day today, Honey" - lol. He can watch the movie over and over as well. :weird:

I heard that Punxatawny Phil saw his shadow which means 6 more weeks, which is pretty much the norm anyway, isn't it?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  6. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

I LOVE GROUNDHOGS DAY -

I think that Pux (whatever) Phil is awesome.....

6 more weeks of winter? YAHHHHHooooo -

7. dreamer

dreamer New Member

lol our groundhog here is named.......willie. lol

8. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Yup!

Punxatawny Phil, Wiarton Willie (our local Groundhog up here in southern Ontario), and Balzac Bill (Western Canada) have all seen their shadows today.

I love Groundhog Day too! We don't have a dance or anything, but we do celebrate.

Trinity