Has anyone heard from EstherfromJerusalem?

lovemysons

I heard from our dear Esther through Facebook today. She is having problems logging in. Her password is not working correctly and she is supposed to get an email so she can put in a new password.

She is so brave but understandably worried too. She said what Hamas did was worse than even the Nazis! She also said one of her sons, 3 of her grandsons and 3 husbands of granddaughters are being called up. She said the country has rallied amazingly and there is a good atmosphere although they are sickened and disgusted and so very sad about the carnage and the dreadful things they did to over 1,000 people.

I know you all will join me in sending lots of prayers up for Esther’s family as well as all of Israel. ❤️‍🩹 some things we may never understand. 😢

ksm

I'm happy you have had contact with her. We have an exchange student from Ukraine from 15 years ago...the world has become a scary place. Prayers for all the innocents caught up in this...

Copabanana

She is having problems logging in. Her password is not working correctly and she is supposed to get an email so she can put in a new password.
That is what happened to me. There is something wrong with the site technology. I will let Deni know.

I am glad Esther is okay. I pray for her family. I pray for 200 meters, too. I pray for Israel. For all of the victims. For all of us.

Last edited:

Nandina

I just came here to see if she and 500 Meters (I think that is his username) are safe.

Thanks foe the update!
I looked up some early posts from 200Meters and he said he lived in Jerusalem as well. I wonder if his sons are being called up into the military. I hope he’ll check in at some point and let us know how they are doing.

Seeing the outright carnage that has been brought upon innocent people is breaking my heart. My prayers of strength go out to all who are affected.

Nandina

I think lovemysons heard from Esther on Facebook. Maybe she can get a hold of her again.

It is getting to where I can barely watch the news about the war. It is breaking my heart as I’m sure it does for most people.

Yet I feel the need to so that I don’t become complacent and numb to the sheer inhumanity that has been brought upon innocent civilians in all of Israel, whether they be Israelis, Palestinians, or any other group of human beings. And those of us in the rest of the world, watching, suffer along with them, but we are helpless to stop it.

It is a horrible feeling just being a bystander, for lack of a better word. Because only as observers of tv news and videos are we able to see this unspeakable trauma, unfolding. I cannot fathom what it must be like to live there right now. (Freudian slip, I just typed “I cannot fathom what it must be like to love there right now.”)

I don’t wish to be political or in any way controversial.

But I pray, and hope you will join me if you are so inclined that at some point, we can love our neighbors despite our political, religious, or ethnic and racial differences.

It should be so simple, shouldn’t it? It’s in all the great religious books. Love thy neighbor.

Why do they make it so damn hard?

Comments welcome. Please keep them clean and kind.

Nandina

KTMom91

Years ago, I read a line that has stuck with me. "Religion is of man, but faith is of God." Or whatever your Higher Power may be.

All the fighting, you're absolutely right, Nandina, it should be "Love thy neighbor," but it's so clearly not.

Nandina

Lovemysons, have you tried to reach Esther anytime recently on Facebook? If you do, please tell her we are thinking of her and sending loving prayers. Thank you for your concern.

lovemysons

Nandina and everyone thank you for caring so much. Assuming and praying Esther is okay, she can see our posts. She just can’t respond because of login problems. I’ll reach out to her tomorrow on Facebook. She is such a dear lady and has a very large family there in Israel.

lovemysons

I should clarify that I believe Love thy neighbor can apply as long as everyone agrees to live peacefully amongst each other. Like in my very own neighborhood here in Oklahoma. But if someone starts a fight, there’s going to be a fight!

I have not heard back from Esther yet. Hopefully she sees my message today so we know she’s doing okay.

lovemysons

I heard from our dear Esther. She said…

Thank you for your concern and your love. As I think I told you, I have two sons, three grandsons and three husbands of grand daughters in the army at the moment. Yes, it is very worrying. One of my grandsons has been injured on the northern border. His shoulder was smashed by an RPG rocket, or an anti-tank missile, or something like that. He's had a couple or operations on his shoulder (and his leg was also injured), but he is in good spirits, and as my daughter says -- it is a miracle that he wasn't killed and she is grateful for that. Please tell the people on conduct disorders what I have told you. I can read what they write, but for some reason I can't log in any more so I can't write. Never mind. I send you lots of love. I love the pictures of your family that you put on Facebook. Your grandchildren look delicious!!! Love from me.

lovemysons

I know Esther has 8 children. She is an incredible lady and I can just imagine how special her family is too. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as I will too.

Deni D

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
Staff member
Love thank you for the update. Have you read my message to you on the 10th asking to verify Esther's email address? Her account here shows valid, and I can push a password reset to her, but I'm not sure if she's still using the email address we have for her. I can also change her email address if she's using a different one these days.

lovemysons

Deni I will ask her to read this post so maybe you all can get this issue fixed. I’d love to see her post her comments and be back with us!