How are you surviving the heat?

DammitJanet

commercial construction down here doesnt give a rats behind what the weather is...if there is work to be done, the work. I have seen them attempt to work them in the poring rain and they have electrical cords running across the floors to the electrical boxes. talk about an electrocution risk. It was so bad at one job I called OSHA on the job. No one knew it was me either. Not even Tony. Now they use grounded boxes at least.

TerryJ2

Yaaay! It stormed last night. It's "only" 85.
That is, until the end of the wk, when it will happen all over again ...

muttmeister

I'm not crazy about the 115 heat index we've been having but it still beats the heck out of 6 feet of snow and a wind chill of 40 below 0.

I drink lots of iced tea (I make a gallon about every day), sit by the air conditioner with a fan blowing on me, don't go anyplace because I'm saving money for the electric bill, and read books (I'm on #14 for the month of July).

I'm going out today to drain the pool and then refill it because the water is so warm it feels like a hot tub. (It is only a 16 foot diameter, 4 feet deep one).

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I want to know where our "cool down" went. We had one evening that dropped into the 70's, humidity stayed up. Now 90's again for highs and humidity is still high. bleh Guess we didn't get enough rain to get rid of the humidity.

Mom2oddson

Our high yesterday was 59F. You are welcome to come get our weather. I'm more than willing to share this cooler stuff with you. At least we did get a nice weekend....we were in the upper 70's/lower 80's.

Steely

Yea, mom2odd...............can't wait to get up there to the NW :) Ten days now!!!
I am done with it being 110.............although AZ is not humid............the heat still starts to wear on you.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's 87 here today, but not muggy. It's nice.

Except in my office, where it's COLD. Ugh. Sweater-no-yes-no-yes for trips in and out of the warehouse...