I am so mean ...

shellyd67

I feel like such a mean Mom right now. I am sick and the kids were just not cooperating with me this morning. difficult child would not get out of bed and when he finally did he could not find his chapstick and was being so miserable.

I just lost it on him. I screamed and told him that if he would get his rear out of bed on time things would go so much more smoothly.

I also told him he is out of luck and he is going to have to suffer with chapped lips all day.

easy child lost part of her snack money in the car and I also told her she is out of luck.

Just a really bad morning. I do feel so bad right now though.

BusynMember

If that's the worst things you've ever said to your kids, you're in good shape.

You're making them suffer natural consequences.

Don't feel bad and Happy Holidays :)

KTMom91

Not mean...natural consequences are the best teachers. For years, most of Miss KT's complaints were met with NMP...not my problem. You left your jacket at school? NMP. Better look for it when you get there or you'll be cold. Tossed your lunch in the trash hoping I'd bring lunch money? NMP. Go hungry. Can't find your blue Converse? NMP. Try putting things away.

B

Bunny

You're not mean - you're human. You're not feeling well and the kids were trying your patience this morning.

Pam

Agree about the natural consequences for them. Meanwhile, hope you're snuggled in bed where you belong, resting up until you are feeling better. Hope that will be soon.

Take care

Jo