I Called CPS and Turned Myself In.....

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by DaisyFace, May 20, 2009.

1. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

for being a bad parent with two out-of-control children.

And I'm SO glad that I made that call!!!

I ended up getting connected with a woman who took an hour out of her day to give me a whole list of places to turn to for help and some tips I can use when and if my kids take off without permission again. (Did you know that leaving home without persmission is a criminal charge of "truancy" for a minor? I didn't.)

She also had some suggestions for nearby Residential Treatment Center (RTC) hospitals and how I might obtain a referral for my daughter to finally get her a proper diagnosis and some treatment.

This morning, I really felt that I had reached the end of my rope and was ready to just give up....

Now I feel that I've been given some options for getting some real help.

I am SO grateful!

:D

--DaisyF

2. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Well now THERE is a first.

GOOD FOR YOU DAISYFACE.........I hope you are recharged a bit to find there is help out there.

I also had to call the police on my son when he ran away - and you must by law continue to make a report at least every other day if not every day.

BUT - do NOT go looking for them. It feeds the fire that is - HA now YOU worry.

Hugs - best of the best of luck to you.....
    :angel3:

3. jbrain

jbrain Member

Good for you, DF! I'm so glad you found help. When my difficult child 1 would just disappear I reported her missing to the police each time because in my state you are supposed to know where a minor child is. This was also a good "paper trail" to get her help later on.

Glad you are feeling some better!

Jane

4. maril

maril New Member

I add my good for you, too!

I learned a lot about local options for parents of troubled adolescents, once I finally hooked up with the right people (professionals in crisis intervention and professionals in other programs in my county).

5. recovering doormat

recovering doormat Lapsed CDer

You're not a bad parent, you're a warrior parent who loves her kids. Good for you for reaching out for help. I hope you are able to figure out what your kids need.

The behaviorist who worked with my family for a year said the same thing Star just said, don't immediately run out looking for them. It becomes a game to them. But do report to the cops.

The behaviorist suggested that if my then 15 yr old left home with-o permission and violated curfew, that I leave a pillow and blanket out on the front steps with a note telling him that since he violated house rules he can sleep outside, then lock the door, turn off the lights and go to sleep. I never actually attempted this but it's in my arsenal if I need it.

6. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

How wonderful it will be if "the system people" step up to the plate and stand at your side. Hugs. DDD

7. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Glad things went well!

8. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Good idea! Glad you got someone helpful and some resources.

9. tinamarie1

tinamarie1 Member

wow! good for you girl!

10. daralex

daralex Clinging onto my sanity

Good for you and I'm glad they were actually able to help!!