I hate microwaves.

donna723

"I still struggle with the remote for the Direct TV.."

Me too! I used the old one until it hardly worked at all and had been scotch taped together to keep the batteries from falling out! It fit comfortably in my hand, I knew where all the buttons were and I could use it in the dark without even looking. Then ... I had to have a service call and the guy gave me a brand new one. I HATE it! I kept using the old one until it finally gave up the ghost completely. Now I'm using the new one but I don't like it one bit! It's heavier than the old one, and longer. The end you point at the TV is much heavier than the end you hold so it's off balance in your hand and the number buttons are all down on the end you have to hold. It takes two hands to change the channels - one to support the heavy end and the other to push buttons. Very awkward. But it's "NEW"!

Note to Directv folks: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

susiestar

Roll With It
Y'all make me so glad I don't have any pay tv service. I could NEVER figure out those remotes. husband runs around the house pulling the couch apart and everything if he can't find the remote. I have found the perfect one. I look at a child and say "change to that channel Show X is on" or "Turn down/up the volume" or "Start the show". And they do.

I don't even have to know what channel anything is on. Perfect remote.

Wait a sec.... That is what MY PARENTS USED ME FOR!!!

Wow, I really AM becoming my mom!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a microwave at work that I got from Montgomery Wards back when they first came out. Its got a dial, thats it - you could cook a small animal in it, its that big

EWWWWWWWWWWWW

WHot were ya cookin' ma? 'Possum with red eye gravy and grits?

Hottttttttt dang. :laugh:

donna723

Susie, the trick of the remote is that I only use a few buttons, the ones that I know what they do. Most of them I never touch. If I did, I'd probably mess it up and wouldn't be able to get it set right again. I know how to change channels, mute, and go back to where I was. That's all I need to know! But to turn the TV on and off, that takes a different remote!

The first microwave I ever had was one of the very simple ones with the dial. It didn't even have a turntable. It worked for years. Then, when my brother redid their kitchen and got a built-in, they gave me their old one. They had used it forever. It had been very expensive when they bought it, one of the first ones with the touch pad. It was big and black and ugly and took up half of my kitchen, but it worked like a charm and just wouldn't die! I used that ugly thing for years because I just couldn't justify getting a new one when that one still worked so well. I was so happy the day it finally died! I ran right out and bought a brand new one with all the bells and whistles - for $60!

KTMom91

Abbey, that microwave has survived two marriages, and is still going through Number Three! I think Hubby wants to get a new one...but why replace it when it still works?

Guess that logic works for husbands, too...because Number Two (Useless Boy) didn't work, so I had to replace him.