I have nothing left to give....:-) Dr. Update

mstang67chic

Going Green
Funny thing - she asked me yesterday if I have any girlfriends I can talk to. I laughed and said - hundreds. And she looked up at me and said REALLY - and I said - Best friends I've ever had are in a support group of parents who also have kids like mine. She smiled and said I was lucky -

I said - I know. - Thanks.

Now if Dude would just.....ah heck.....fughaddaboudit. lol

THANKS GALS.

Awwww :916blusher:

As for Dude, well......baby steps hon, baby steps.

DammitJanet

Star....2000 mgs of Topamax is an incredibly high dosage. Almost unheard of. I have doctors who question me and almost call me a liar to my face when I tell them I am on 600 mgs! You should have seen the trouble I had to go through to get the hospital to give me that amount...almost like climbing Mount Everst. My family had to bring in several bottles and the print out from the pharmacy showing that was indeed my script! They wouldnt be bothered to just call my doctor! They had never heard of a patient on that amount. When I was on 1000mgs several doctors told me it was a lethal dose.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I could be wrong.....lol.....pretty sure it was but maybe the 2000 was a 500 - I dunno 500 sounds more normal.

IF there is a normal.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Star, I'm so happy for you. I use and APRN as well and while I hate her medical receptionist, I love her. She's very thorough, nearly the same age as me and can relate to me very well - she listens to me. I like that.

Glad you're feeling peppier today. My only advice is to remember to drink plenty of water every day so you're flushing your kidneys well -

Hugs~

susiestar

Roll With It
What a wonderful comment, thank you!

I am sorry the doctor did that. I had a similar experience with a doctor faking xrays.

here is to praying they find somehting they can fix quick and easy!

As for topomax, I was on 800 mgs of it. I was told that it was a medium dose. My exSIL was on 1000 mgs. I jsut hope it helps, whatever the dose they give you is.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hanky time

I am so positive about this! Even if the results do find something going on and you are not just some crazy lady looking for something wrong. LOL (Which of course you are)
At least now this NP seems like she is with you on this journey to well being... do you hear the bells ringing and the doves singing?

I am hoping you keep feeling better. My highest Topamax was 500mg. I pushed it up 50mg more and started hallucinating! It for some reason caused me to destabilize once I went up a bit more...
I would get up in the morning and couldn't see, then I was seeing things... once I backed down, it was fine.

Now at least you know how to manage your medications and you know so much more than when you were on 20+ medications.

As for Mister Dudester? Maybe with Momma's better ju-ju will come Dude's.