I need a break...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ladies-
I hear you...husband and I feel like we are spinning circles sometimes. psychiatrist3 said on Friday read up on Nuerontin and we can talk about it. I don't think at this time he wants to add anything as of yet... I am with you Smallworld. I would like to watch and see what the Lamictal has to offer. I am not so happy with the Abilify... so I think he feels like if we pull the Abilify we will need to add something for the rages and high end mania??? I asked before, why we couldn't just see what Lamictal does by itself since the Abilify is causing the movement issues??? He said he didn't want to have her suffering too much before the Lamictal was at a therapeutic level and actually working for her. Which I can totally appreciate.
He claims he has had good luck with Nuerontin... We have discussed it here on the board before and I have read about it also... I hate being in this situation.
In my book by, Lombardo "Understanding the mind of your Bipolar Child" He feels, pg294, that it has good MS and AD effects as well as the advantage of being able to be started rapidly. Increased safely and the effects are seen within hours, so the trials of this medication can be made quickly.

I wonder if psychiatrist3 likes this about it???
I am going to ask at our next phone talk that we just stick with Lamictal until we get to a good level... try to get off of Abilify. And go from there.
He is just so concerned about the anxiety and it causing later issues with her already developing problems as far as social interactions... all of these things are getting worse.
He is a good PDCO I just don't know if these guys get stuck on medications that have worked on others kids and forget to remain open to others???
He has a great bio and history. He is running the psychiatric hospital and has done a lot in regards to Psychiatry... He did do his residency at Walter Reed... I don't know if that is good or bad!!! LOL

The man said he would keep us in his thoughts this weekend... I thought that was pretty cool. He didn't even get upset when I called him on his cell phone... tee-hee.
So I know he cares, I think I just need to be a bit more pushy and assertive.
Give me Lithium... JK
K is on a walk with G'ma. Didn't want to leave the house today, anxiety, but we got her out for a walk.
I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend...