IEP was hell but nothing like this!

buddy

You can't see his whole face in this so should be ok to post... let me know if anything goes wrong though, ok?

So, remember psycho? He says that he had to restrain Q because he came into the class, Q was loud, blurting and he told him he had to go to his office. Q threw some markers and so he says he put his hand up to defend himself from them so Q charged him (I am sure he panicked at the arm being raised) and the only other info I have is that he went to his knees??? and somehow he has these marks on his head... but the nurse checked him dont you know and it seems to her that his glasses just pressed into his head a little. ORly? from the hairline down to under his glasses looks like a rug burn. They said something about he managed to get him on his back (what???) so does that mean he was pushing his head into the carpet? Q wont say anything... he is scared. Just gets mad at me for his "indefinite suspension" .

Attorney has been trying to call these folks and they are in an "emergency meeting" with their lawyers.

Excuse me??? I hope them mean to fire this guy because if they are going to try to charge Q or move him for serious bodily injury... (I was already told they just held him down)

I am beside myself. Obviously he is not ever going back there. But now what???? do I wait for the cops to show up? Holy you know what....

I think I am going to have a stroke.

IEP people said he was doing better blah blah and principal says he is too disruptive and asks folks to list a bunch of issues again... we left. I guess we have to do the other school until I can find a place for him that is better.

Just so so so sad.

InsaneCdn

Finally got the picture to open...
Take him to a doctor - any doctor - so there is a professional opinion on this...
"What would have caused this? It happened at school today."

The doctor is a mandatory reporter...

pasajes4

Those are so not marks made by glasses. A child with too much information is in a totally seperate class from a willfully disruptive child. How do they not get this. I hope your attorney is a bulldog.

T

TeDo

I agree with Insane and I REALLY agree with your lawyer....press charges on the psycho. I dare them to actually be able to prove and assault or anything else for that matter. I can't think of a single judge that would look at his WHOLE history and still side with the school. Since they are DONE.....you need to go after them. There is NOTHING they can do to you anymore....show them the power you still DO have.....let your lawyer do her job...that's what she's there for...if she says press charges, do it...she wouldn't tell you to do it if she didn't think YOU'd come out on top.

I know where your heart and head are, thinking of Q. Trust your lawyer. She's there to protect Q so you don't have to do it alone. Let her in to help......REALLY help. If not for Q then for the next kid this principal and psychiatric decide they don't like or want around.

{{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you and Q. It's been a tough day all around. How did the therapist appointment go?

InsaneCdn

IEP people said he was doing better blah blah and principal says he is too disruptive and asks folks to list a bunch of issues again... we left. I guess we have to do the other school until I can find a place for him that is better.
Don't "go there" yet. At least, don't let the SCHOOL know you're even thinking that way.
Work the rest of the process through first...

{{hugs}}

Marguerite

Sure looks like a carpet burn to me. I agree, document it. Get to the ER with him, play innocent and let the ER doctor be the one to report it.

Marg

buddy

Attorney said just now that sp ed coordinator is saying well, we have concerns for the mom and we have had to support her... ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? She is concerned they are going to report Q as a danger to me.....but they never did months ago when he actually did punch me. They are doing the circle the wagons thing.....

How can people mess with people's lives like this?

InsaneCdn

Pre-emptive strike. You and your atty are going to have to get back-up documentation (doctor seeing this rug burn etc.), and then strike first. It is scary. Really scary. But... you already have more than enough to go on, and this is beyond beyond.

Get doctor to report as mandatory reporter. THEN, report to whoever else you have to on a pre-emptive basis (ccps? whoever else) And then... it may mean taking them to court, fast. Probably need a temp injunction to seal his school records and turn over to the court immediately, to avoid tampering...

T

TeDo

<Like> <Like> <Like> Insane's and Marg's posts.

What did lawyer say you should do? Is she still wanting to press charges?

StressedM0mma

Holy Cow Dee! You really need to get him to the ER to document this. I cannot believe the school is doing this. Wait, I can believe it. This is so ridiculous. I hope your attorney gets it settled, and then you rip the sped guy a new one. I just cannot believe this. Poor Q he has to be soo freaked out. I hope he will open up soon and tell you what really happened. So scarey. Give him hugs from me.

susiestar

Roll With It
Get him to the ER or Urgent Care PRONTO. I mean NOW, not tomorrow, even if you have to wake him up or disrupt his whole night and let him watch tv half the night to calm down. This is NUTS and it is CHILD ABUSE.

I have worn glasses for thirty years and have fallen asleep in them, with them half off my head, with all sorts of frames actually. NO WAY did it EVER look like that even after twelve HOURS of sleeping in them.

That is rug burn and proof of them abusing Q - after psycho triggered him ON PURPOSE which maybe you can't prove but we all know is the truth.

Get the charges filed TOMORROW - DO NOT WAIT for them to file first. Cause they will, then they will try to use the "protecting the mom" to try to get him taken away from you "for your own good" which will traumatize him to the point that he actually might become the danger they say he is or they figure out how to throw him into juvie by hiding his Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and other problems. IT wouldn't last for long but it would for a while and he would pick up behaviors that might take years to get rid of - and you KNOW the other kids would urge him to do things if he was in that setting.

I know you hate confrontation, but this has gone too far. This is child abuse and these people know it - hence the emergency meeting with lawyers. Let your atty do what she does best - get them!!

Give Q a gentle hug from me IF it seems appropriate. I am so very sorry they are doing these things on purpose because he doesn't fit their idea of how a person should be. THEY are vastly more handicapped than Q will ever be. Now let's legally handicap them before I get too tempted to come up there and kneecap them. I couldn't ever hit a softball with a bat, but I bet I could swing for the bleachers and not miss their knees. Esp not the second swing.

Yes, this does make me THAT mad. So let the law people attack them - press charges, get Q to a REAL medical professional, not one who is their lackey.

buddy

I sent the pictures to his neuro and she called me immediately. She said no way that is from glasses. Law advocate asked if he would tell her what happened while she was on the phone with me. She told me to record... he got silly during it but between what he told the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker and me tonight the true parts are very consistent.

He said psycho came in and was mad and said get your stuff and get out of here. He told Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) that he heard them say he was going to lock the door when he got out. (not sure of the order of this, he has trouble with sequencing)... he said that he got mad so went to push him. He said that he and another teacher grabbed him and put him on the ground and his hands were up and behind his back so he had to go down. I asked how he thinks he got that owie and he put his head into the rug and said it happened when my face was down like this and my hands were up like this (showed them behind his back and being pulled up). he said mr sp ed showed up and told them to get off of me. He said he asked if he wanted water and it calmed him. He said he got mad again and went at them again because they were still there but when psycho left then he felt calm and went to his office.

UMMMM this guy is insane. They wanna turn this on me, well, his life will be HELL. My heart is racing.

somerset

Such a scary situation for both of you! I hope you find out what really happened. If the school ran to their lawyers that fast, they must know they screwed up big time. {{HUGS}}

InsaneCdn

... then they will try to use the "protecting the mom" to try to get him taken away from you "for your own good" which will traumatize him to the point that he actually might become the danger they say he is

Exactly what I was thinking too, Susie. They will try to use this to force Q into an institution, just to prove that "they" are right. And the are NOT right. You have your psychiatrist and therapist and Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) (did I get that right) workers definitely NOT feeling that way. But you have to act fast.

T

TeDo

Good for Q for telling the story. Even more glad you recorded it. NOW are you ready to go GET them? Mr SpEd knows it was wrong. You really need to let them know this is not okay.