I'm frantic...any help

Abbey

Spork Queen
My daughter just called me that she is in lock down at her house because there has been a shooting at Northern Illinois Univ. 18 people shot. She can't get out...all roads are blocked. The shooter is still at large.

I can't find any current info. If anyone knows, please pm me.

Abbey

Kathy813

Staff member
Abby,

I just heard on Fox news that the shooter is dead. I can't believe this has happened again!

I'm glad that your daughter is okay.

~Kathy

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not sure she's ok. She is not answering her phone. I told her to lock doors and hide.

Please keep her and other students in your prayers.

Abbey

Kathy813

Staff member
Have you tried texting her? After the VT shooting, my easy child couldn't reach her best friend (who is a student there) by phone but was able to get text messages back and forth.

I'll keep a good thought that you hear from her soon.

~Kathy

Kathy813

Staff member
Abby,

I know that you are scared to death but I think that she is fine. If she called you from her house after the shooting started then she wasn't in the lecture hall where the shooting occurred.

I know that you won't feel better until you hear from her, though.

Sending a big hug.

~Kathy

meowbunny

From what I could find the shooting was at a lecture hall, so she should be safe in her dorm or house. I hope you hear something soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they shut down the phone towers to the campus so that rumors couldn't be started by kids calling on phones.

Many hugs.

dreamer

AT & T in this area (I am not far from niu) has been acting up all week. TV says AT & T service has been restored, BUT.....our AT & T cells are not getting consistant calls or texts thru yet this week.......

Scary, I had not heard about this until I logged on here to conduct disorders. My nephew goes there, my PCs mentor is an alumni and does lectures there....

Keeping you in my prayers.

WHEW------just got word my youngest bro is safe......

Abbey

Spork Queen
Sigh...just heard from daughter. If I could take in a golf course of air right now, I would.

She's ok, but two of her friends were hit. She's really traumatized right now. There is a lack of info...she says 4 are dead and doesn't know if it is one of her friends.

I guess they shut down cell towers, so she couldn't get through.

I'm just breathing a big sigh of relief, but so sorry for those who were wounded.

Thank you for your support.

Abbey

everywoman

Abbey, so glad she's okay. I know you are relieved. I can't believe this is happening again. What is wrong with people? Why does someone feel the need to do something like this? Where do feelings like that come from? I'm sorry for rambling, but I just don't get it. Anyway, thank God she is safe. I know they will offer counseling---encourage her to take it.

SRL

I'm so relieved for you but my heart so aches for the young people of our nation.

Prayers for peace.