Job No. 7

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by hearts and roses, Mar 27, 2009.

1. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

After more than 3 months of applying for jobs, difficult child has finally landed a job. She will be working for a local cleaning company cleaning houses. She will use her own car and work a set schedule every day, Mon-Fri.

The cleanings are timed, meaning that a particular house should be cleaned within a certain amount of time, so it leaves little time for dilly-dallying. She can wear jeans as long as they are neat and no open toed shoes in the summer - she has sneakers.

Her day begins at 7:30 AM and ends when it ends, typically around 2:30 PM. Her pay is $9/hour while training and $10/hour after she is on her own.

What is especially nice is that in between homes she can have her smoke, get a snack or coffee, whatever and doesn't have a boss breathing down her neck.

I am thinking this may very well be the perfect situation for her. She's a good cleaner too - she cleans my bathroom better than me!

Anyway, I have a nervous sense of relief. Keeping everything crossed and holding a positive thought that this one sticks.

2. jbrain

jbrain Member

Oh, this is good news, Jo! When does she start? How does she feel about it? Hope it goes well.
    Jane

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Jane, she was interviewed on Wednesday afternoon and started the job yesterday! She likes it a lot!! She's been on an upswing the past few days anyway and this was the icing on the cake for her I think. I'm happy that she's happy at last.

4. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Good for her! I hope it continues to be a positive thing for her. Who knows maybe at some point inthe future she can start her own business. -RM

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Sounds like this job may be a perfect match for her. :D

Keeping fingers crossed and saying a prayer that she loves it.

Pay doesn't sound bad either.

Hugs

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I used to clean houses...I enjoyed it. Also had a night office route. Good pay, and the work's usually not too difficult. I liked cleaning much better than fast food!

7. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Good news Jo. It's nice to watch them do a little growing, isn't it.

8. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Good for her, Jo! I know what I pay my cleaning lady, and it's not $10 an hour. Maybe after she gets going she can find some clients of her own. There's good money in it.

9. ML

ML Guest

if she likes it some day she could start her own business. I have a friend who has a cleaning business and only has to work 3 days a week!

10. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

That's great news, Jo. Good for her!

Suz

11. mom_to_3

mom_to_3 Active Member

Good for her! A job that she likes is one that she will keep. :)

12. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Wow, Jo! That's great news. Good for difficult child.
    And, I agree with Witz. There is good money in cleaning houses.

Once difficult child gains some experience, she may very well be able to go out on her own. I know of several people who have started this way and now have well-established cleaning business with a team of other people working for them.