Just Beat Me Please

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Can you guys show up at my door and just beat me soundly around the head and shoulders??? Huh? Please???

I clearly need some sense knocked into me. :hammer:

Nichole has been non stop once again on needing a puppy. (as per post in parent emeritus) OMG! The girl was quite literally driving me insane. All day and all evening long I heard nothing else for about the past 2 wks. She'd even call me from boyfriend's house. And I have to answer those calls just in case. :slap:

Well, my kidneys are giving me some major problems. Thus sleeping is just really not happening much. Up until this morning I've been a steadfast and stuborn NO WAY. Good grief, I don't think it was more than 3 months ago we had to find a home for her last pup Zoey. :rolleyes:

She comes up to wake me up. I have vague recollections about her starting in about the puppy. After 3 or 4 tries to wake me up to "talk about it", in which I barely came to enough to realize she was not a dream/nitemare.... She said something about bringing something home for an hour just to test it out, and I mumbled something back about whatever just to shut her up so I could SLEEP.

Believe me. Her asking about the pup has been like a scratched record set on overdrive. :surprise:

I come downstairs later to discover the most adorable freaking puppy snoozing in the baby's Wiggle's chair. :smile: Happens to look exactly like Betsy did as a lil pup only with longer legs.

My first impulse was to wrap my hands around Nichole's throat and SQUEEZE. grrrrrr. But I didn't even manage a blow up as the 3 mo old pup was scared and nervous as it was.

Nichole pipes up to explain. Seems the pup she's been begging for from the paper coincidentally belonged to an old friend of mine. (Nichole and her daughter were bff's as little girls) She'd been frantically trying to find homes for the litter of 9 pups for the past 3 mos. She was down to 3 and the Mom. Mom went yesterday.

Then my mad just sort of vanished.

This friend of mine does not have it easy by any means. She's surviving and trying to raise 3 kids on disability. Poorer than dirt describes the situation. Travis gave her boys his old video game system and I give them old games for it. I pick up her kids clothes at yard sales, ect. This friend is no moocher. Never asks for a thing.

So, I just couldn't make myself force Nichole to take the pup back to her house. I know she can't afford to feed pups. (and pup is skinny although not malnurished)

In Nichole's defense, although she knows "where" my friend lives, she has no clue as to the address or phone number. So when she read it in the paper it didn't ring a bell. But when she got there.....Well, she was surprised.

argh

In my own defense, pup probably will be moving on to another loving home in about 2 wks if Nichole stays true to form. In the meantime I'll give it puppy shots and worm it and house train it.

Nichole is determined to keep this one. To the tune of cleaning the entire house. (can anyone say Maid) Paying me 200.00 even if she has to give it up in the end. (don't ask, I dunno, was just part of her deal) Plus being it's sole caregiver.

Personally, I think she has a tendency at self sabotage as the new school quarter has just started. And the pup will definately go before I let that happen.

Lucky for the lil pup that she's so sweet and adorable. As for breed, she's an offical Heinz 57.

I told Nichole that when she does move out on her own she ought to volunteer at the humane society to be a foster parent.

Ugh.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It is hard to say no when they are already in the house looking so darn cute. At one point we had five dogs and five cats and I was sitting for a friends animals. Let us just say you didn't walk into my house at that time as one of them would have scared the :censored2: out of you. We are now down to three dogs and two cats. Much more manageable. But I know the weakness those cute little puppy eyes can make.

Hope one day Nichole figures out how to make a pet work if she so desperately wants one. But of course figuring other things out is more important.

Hugs.

beth

F

flutterbee

I'm a sucker, too. Those eyes and the puppy breath. Awwwww....how can you resist?

I spent over an hour looking for kittens outside a McDonald's not too long ago. There was a stray, obviously hungry cat. (The kids didn't mind some of their nuggets missing after they learned it went to the kitty.) I caught her and got her in the car and noticed that she was a nursing mother. I couldn't take her and leave her kittens behind and I couldn't find the kittens so I had to let her go. It's a good thing. I really can't afford another animal. I did take food by for a while (kitten food - nursing mother's need the calcium in it) until it quit getting eaten. I still look for her whenever I'm in the area.

And it's how I ended up with little Abbey - complete with kidney disease. Her mom and siblings were strays that a friend took in. Now, I have to come up with the money to have more bloodwork done before getting her spayed so they can determine what precautions to take. She's already cost me a pretty penny. It's a good thing I like her. :wink: She's such a sweetheart - even if she is a brat. I enjoy her so much.

susiestar

Roll With It
I know how hard it is. Personally I am a total sucker for cats. We were at Petco on my last date with husband. There were cats there from the shelter we got Gracie from. I absolutely totally and completely fell in LOVELOVELOVE with one orange cat. It looked much like my old cat squeaker.

BUT

ALL of the cats had feline leukemia. Holly (runs the shelter) was looking for homes for 7 cats with feline leukemia. No way can I afford those bills, nor can I care for the cat properly.

So no cat. And it will be a LONG time before I go to the shelter Holly runs. Feline leukemia is hard to get rid of, and I can't stand to see another cat die.

Good luck with Nichole and the adorabibble puppy. I do understand the impulse to wrap your arms around her neck and squeeze.

Hugs,

Susie

ps. NO I WILL NOT BEAT YOU!!!! pm the area of OH you live in. I have an aunt there who might be able to help when you place the puppy.

meowbunny

I vote we beat Nichole around the head and shoulders! There is no way you could resist this situation -- an adorable puppy looking all cute and cuddly with a hard-luck story attached. Really do hope things work out and you don't have to give it up. Sounds like this pup needs and deserves a lot of love and attention.

busywend

I am guessing you are looking at a life long passion for Nicole. I do not see this ending soon. It is not a bad thing. You would rather she be addicted to helping pups than many other bad things out there - right?!

She really aches for them. I think if she is willing to do the work AND you can continue to get something out of her in order to do it - go with it! Stop feeling guilty or bad (although if you want to keep the exterior play up to get those chores done, so be it!).

It is not a bad thing, it is just annoying to you. Rightfully so! Turn it into a good thing. It is positive energy in all of your lives!

Lothlorien

Okay, I've got the bat in my hand. :smile:

I suspect that this pup is just so darn cute that you'll end up getting attached to it as well and there goes your whole plan!

Sounds like a cutie. I hope it works out. Who doesn't just love puppies?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm very sorry for a little life that will be the center of attention until it's just about old enough to NOT be little, or cute, or adoptable. Puppies are like small children - they don't want to live with you until the new wears off - he's counting on you all being his family forever. Not a foster family.

I'm very sorry for a Mom that will be doing her daughter and granddaughters laundry over and over and over plus paying for shots, worming, getting up all hours of the day and night to house train this little life who's going to get attached and then maybe be sent somewhere to try and bond with another family.

I'm sorry that Nicole doesn't have friggin ears to hear her Mother repeatedly say NO PUPPY. And does basically what the heck she wants in her mothers home anyway.

There are no consequences for nicole - ever.

Very sad.

The puppy and you are the ones who will suffer the consequences - even more sad.

Take the puppy to the shelter Daisy - and let it go. Show nicole you mean business, and stop taking on MORE and MORE work for yourself.

I'm upset about the pup - but I'm MORE upset for you being a doormat all the time. It's not fair - you're my friend you deserve better.

Hugs
Star

What part of ,"No" doesn't she understand? She doesn't care what you say.

Please end this,so what if it's cute? It eats, poops, and needs vet care at times.

Get a piece of paper, write down the amt. food costs, vet bills, the amount of time needed to train, clean up after...etc. and see how far the $200 goes. Good Luck, I hope it's gone soon!!!!-Alyssa

DammitJanet

You know, Star is right about the puppy. Jamie sees dogs like this all day, every day. People get puppies that look so cute but when they age out of the puppy status the owners get bored and then they end up in the shelters and guys like Jamie have to hope someone comes in to adopt them or else there is that lil shot in the back room waiting on them. Jamie has had to give many of those shots in his short time as an Officer. Sad.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star

Good points.

Laundry issue appears to have been resolved. However if not, she'll be doing laundry at the laundry mat, not here.

As for this pup.... Like the last 3, I won't be caring for it. Nichole knows how to housetrain and is doing it. As for shots/worming, I give the shots myself. Costs about 5 bucks or so, wormer from vet is maybe the same. Nichole will be paying for it. IF by some miracle Nichole does the follow thru, pup will be spayed and Nichole will pay for it out of her school check from her loan. If Nichole would follow thru with the care of the pup there wouldn't a huge issue. (b/f is supposed to buy the food) It's that she grows lazy about caring for them. :rolleyes:

I admit to being a doormat when it comes to animals. (which is why I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a turtle) Probably because truth be known, Nichole and I are cut from the same cloth in this area. I've just learned to control it.

I'd take the pup to the shelter, but it's full to overflowing. They won't take it. Which is why my friend couldn't do it. (we have a tiny pound and a tiny county humane society)

I agree with Star 100000%.

Why does Nicole never understand no? Because she brings home the animals anyway, and them you let them stay. That's why. She knows that if she either bugs you enough times or just shows up with the sad eyed critter, you will cave. Time to man up.

Stop doing her laundry. Ever. If it is on the floor of the laundry room, toss it in her room. Do it repeatedly, clean or dirty. NOT. YOUR. PROBLEM.

Get an answering machine. Screen the calls. You will know within the first word or two if it is an emergency. If she is calling to beg for another pet, leave the machine to take the message.

Have her earn rides to & from boyfriend house. You do not have to be her taxi.

Make there be consequences if she wakes you up. That is simply ridiculous. You deserve to be able to sleep in your own home.

Nicole is the way she is because you let Nicole be the way she is. Yes she has issues, and yes she should be given exceptions, but not run of the house.

Hugs. Because you do deserve better.

donna723

I feel sorry for the puppy too and truth be told, I would probably not be able to take it to a shelter either. If people would spay and neuter their pets, there wouldn't be all these poor little puppies (and kittens) hauled off to shelters or worse.

The fact is, no matter how cute it is, having a young puppy in the house is a tremendous amount of hard work! And to properly house train a puppy you have to BE THERE! Will she be there to take it outside every hour or so, or to take it out in the middle of the night - because most pups that age can't make it through the night. And is she willing and able to pay for routine vet care and any illnesses or emergencies that come up? My little adopted mixed breed cost me well over $1,000 the first year I had her - shots, worming, license, flea medications, heartworm preventative, spay, and surgery to repair a broken leg! I would just hate to see this cute little puppy end up in a shelter or end up being rehomed yet again when the "cute" wears off and caring for her gets to be too much.