Just in case you didn't know....

Sheila

Don't know whether to laugh or cry, so I'll laugh along with you. lol

Well, that is one of the reasons I decided to go back to school..

Good! Heard a hotshot psychiatrist testify this week that all personality disorders are caused by parents. (falling over in a dead faint)

mstang67chic

Going Green

A vulnerable adult - aren't those 80 y/o stroke victims? Ick.

You may feel like that after she made the comment but no. A vulnerable adult could be anyone. Heck....I'm 5'2"....difficult child is 6'2" at least. If he was violent and it was just me and him...I would be a vulnerable adult. No way I could take him. Don't let that "label" get you down...it's just a label.

As for the doctor...she's new, we'll give her that. She DOES need to know who/what she's dealing with. But.....if she doesn't get on board soon....she'll have US in her waiting room!

Abbey

Spork Queen
As my dear friend, Mr. Buffet said, "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."

haha, my guy friend says 'every one of me is insane.':tongue: I laughed so hard at that comment. Then I looked in the mirror and realized he was probably speaking the truth.

Now, I can say I've never fallen asleep on the toilet. At least I have one claim to fame. But with my weird schedule I nap then wake up and have no earthly idea if it's day or night, let alone what day it is. (Did I mention that it's a tad dreary up in my neck of the woods. I saw this bright thing in the sky a day or so and was scared.)

Last night my cell phone rang and I tried to answer my slipper. It didn't work too well.

Just the other night I fell asleep on the couch. Woke up at 9:45 and I thought I missed my shift at work. I've never missed my job since I was 11. (Ok...neurotic.) So, I call my manager in a frantic state and he says, "Deb...it's 9:45pm. Get some rest. I'll see you at 3...and that's 3am." I was a tad embarrassed when I went in the next morning.:ashamed:

So, you are not alone in the club of laughing at yourself. Sometimes that is all you can do. Now for your therapist? haha...I could see MY conversation with her finally revealing I'm depressed.

Cross legs, index finger on cheek, direct look in the eye. "NO WAY. It can't possibly be true. I only have one kid who has been basically locked up since 14, my other kids scattered around the country, moved to the Arctic with a man I've not been with in 3 years, caring for two elderly Alzheimer's family members, learning my way around a town that makes NO SENSE, 3 parrots that scream all the time, couldn't find a job for a LONG time, should I go on?" She'd probably inject me with medications in the rear ASAP.

You're doing good. Just keep laughing and eventually things brighten up...or Raoul will come around.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...If we weren't all crazy, we just would go insane...

BUFFETT ROCKS! LOL

Yes. Why bother to GO to the doctor unless something's up? Like, yeah, I'm in here for counseling because I am doing fine? WTH. My life is roses and nothing's wrong, so I need you to tell me... WHAT?

Helllllloooo... Duh.

Penta

Linda...I considered myself a vulnerable adult when I had a very strong young teen in my home. She is extremely athletic and could over power me in a moment. At her first physical threat, I knew she could not live with me until this could be controlled. I 'm wondering if there is any way you could find a live in person who could be a help to you when kt comes home.

I don't know how I would have made it to this point without medication to help me with that stress. I rebelled against the idea for a long time--the very idea that someone ELSE's behavior could push ME to needing medications.... At this point, difficult child is taking NO medications (since nothing helped). Meanwhile, I'm on five. I won't deny that I have a natural tendency to be high-strung, but I've always been able to cope until now.

In my case, I was having dangerous spikes with my blood pressure when we had explosions from difficult child, and it was happening frequently enough that I went on medication just for that. The difference in my symptoms was huge and immediate. It took two medications to get it stablized, though. Later, we added a benzo for added control of the anxiety as well as a mood stablizer to help me stay calm at those times when I simply couldn't afford to fall apart. It really snowballs the anxiety to feel an uncontrollable wave coming on at inappropriate times--such as at work. I'm not bipolar. I didn't know mood stablizers could help for what I had going on. Lamictal is the one I take. I also needed a sleeping aid.

I still resent the need for all the medication, because I needed nothing before things spun so far out of control, but I'm so thankful to have found a combo that has helped control my symptoms and keep me functional. Now, with difficult child finally out of the house, I'm looking forward to trying a slow taper (with close medical monitoring and supervision, of course). Probably not with the blood pressure medication but definitely of the other three.

Keep an eye on the blood pressure, for sure. I had no idea that was going on, and I was told I was in danger of a stroke. I'm relatively young and have none of the common risk factors. I know anybody can develop the problem at any time, but the timing of mine is just a little coincidental....