just introducing myself

upnorth

I hope this is in the right place...:redface: This is my first post. Yeah!!! I found this site while going over my daughters fifth evaluation. She's 12 yr old. She has been diagnosis bi-polar not otherwise specified for four years. She is also diagnosis Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD),ppd not otherwise specified,Sensory Integration Disorder (SID)(sensory integration dysfunction) and of course has extended Learning Disability (LD). She has a full time para and is only mainstreamed for phy-ed. She does half days at school and sees psychologist and Occupational Therapist (OT) 2x a week. She also has great medication dr. (SO FAR) So I'm always busy with her. I also have three other daughters. 18,16,and 8. My 12 yr old ,as you could imagine is 100 hands ful. I love her so much but wish she could love me back in the same way. I know she does. It's just sometimes I feel so far away from her and want to take her pain. I'm glad to be here. Thanks!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Welcome upnorth! Glad you found us but sorry you had to. You have found an incredibly supportive group. It definitely sounds like you have your hands full. I hope you are able to find some time to take care of you as well. Hugs.

klmno

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello and Welcome! Feel free to look around and tell us more about specific issues you might want to help with. Many here have similar experiences and we're used to hearing all kinds of frustrations, vents, issues, etc.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Welcome ~ hope we can help you navigate this journey we call difficult children (gifts from God - the children who brought us here). If nothing else you will have a shoulder to lean on.

K

Kjs

Welcome. Many people are lost and frantic when they find this site. Myself included. You seem to have a handle on things. Good for you. You sure do have your hands full.

This is an amazing site with a lot of support from experience.

Hope we can lend a shoulder or two or three, or more.

LittleDudesMom

Hi Upnorth! Welcome to the site!

Sounds like your hands are full but you are navigating life. You have definately found teh right place!

When you get a chance, please do a profile signature like you see on the bottom of our posts.

Glad you are here.

Sharon

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello and Welcome!

I must say, you sound very "together"....so, whatever you are doing to handle all of the stress--keep it up!!

Glad to have you here.

--DaisyF