LMAO... Duckie

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by tiredmommy, Oct 26, 2010.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

So we all remember how Duckie was very reluctant and negative about participating in our family meeting last week? Well... last night she says to me: "Can I call a family meeting? There's some stuff I think we should discuss." So I told her that she should make sure everyone can make it and call the meeting. She thought I would do it... no. I told her that she's a fully vested member of this family and she can call a meeting too. So we went over the rules: No personal attacks, come prepared to talk calmly, have some ideas about potential solutions, but be prepared to listened to others. She asked which evening would work best: Tuesday or Thursday because there aren't any activities.

So we shall see how this goes... if she even remembers!:tongue:

2. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Guest

That is so cute - family meetings are an excellent idea! I wish that was something we incorporated into our home a long time ago!

3. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

LOL - we have family meetings about once every blue moon. We tried monthly and weekly - but the "come prepared to talk calmly" bit just did NOT work!

on the other hand, I think they're a GREAT idea! Go Duckie!!!

4. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

That's great.

5. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

She forgot. :rofl:

I think it had something to do with husband. I've been asking her to grab husband's dirty clothes off the floor and put them in the laundry for me. I think she's upset that he's leaving stuff laying around and that I'm asking her to pick it up. ;)

6. Jena

Jena New Member

she forgot? LOL tha'Tourette's Syndrome cute!!! guess she was happy with-hearing how she is more than capable of having the power to call the family meeting!! way too cute!!