logic question see if you can guess the answer

RobinD

My 10 yr daughter got this one right. Her teacher email me about it as she was the only who got it right without hesitaton and absoluely was right. Teacher said it was remarkable. This was in her speech class she had to answer this question.

So the logic question is:

A father and a son went to the movies. On their way home they were in a terrible accident. The father did not make it and the son needed surgery. The surgeon seen the boy and said I can not operate on this boy, he is my son. Who is the surgeon?

So what is your guess? I will post the answer later!

Kathy813

Staff member
I know the answer because I have seen this before. It is amazing how many people get it wrong. My easy child was one that got it correct right away, too.

~Kathy

RobinD

I got stumped on it and got it wrong! And few of my friends were stumped too. But my 10 yr autistic child gets it right! hmm!

RobinD

I will post the answer tomorrow! But if you want to pm the answer I can tell you if you are right or wrong. I didn't even get the answer right. And had to wait for the teacher to email the answer! My daughter try to play dumb with me tonite as she had given me the wrong answer! But at school she was right on! Go figure.
So I will be watching for pm's I got 2 so far and they were right :)

well its 1030 in wisconsin time for me to get some rest.

gn everyone!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Robin

I PMed you with the answer. I didn't want to give it here in case someone else would like to try it.

For me it was rather obvious.

meowbunny

I remember this from when I was a kid, so another one who won't give the answer. The nice thing about kids on the spectrum is they cut through the garbage. Logic problems usually are pretty easy to them because they live in a world of logic -- it is the emotional stuff that does them in.

busywend

Well, it is the next day and if someone did not figure it out by the time they get to my answer.....

The mom! Of course!

RobinD

All the members who pm got it right and the who post the answer you are right it was his mother! How my 10 yr daughter figure out with hesitation I don't know but I couldn't figure it out. go figure!

Sue C

OMG---------I am DUMB!!! I did not figure it out. All I could think of was "the bio dad." haha Kudos to everyone, especially all the kids, who got it right away!!!

sue

Coookie

Don't feel bad Sue..... I couldn't figure it out either... :sheepish: At first I thought it might be a Priest but the "His son" shot that in the foot.... then I just sorta gave up. :bag: Funny how our minds work.... or don't!!! :hammer:

Hugs

Sue C

I asked Melissa the logic question this morning and she gave the SAME answer I did!!!!! "The bio dad" Scary that we thought alike!!!!

sue

donna723

:dont_know:
I'm really surprised that so many didn't get this one and would assume that the surgeon had to be a MAN! Does no one watch "Greys Anatomy" anymore?

:hellosoldier:Cute, but what is this? And why does it remind me so much of my former daughter-in-law?

:jumphappy:... and I don't know what this one is, but I LOVE it!

muttmeister

I think it is amazing that so many people couldn't figure this out. My first thought was that 25 years ago this would have been a hard question but that in this day and age the answer should be obvious. Hmmmm.....maybe not. I guess we have not come as far as I thought we had.