Look at what our poor Jack-o-Lanterns have to worry about!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Look at this picture! It is too cute, we get little herds of these guys running through neighborhoods. I guess they LOVE pumpkins. We have wild squash that grows here but not like a perfectly carved out Jack-o-Lantern! What could be better.
I think they are very cute! I guess if they make camp for too long in your yard, it starts to smell...
My inlaws get them behind the pool all the time. I love watching them. I suppose we will need to pull our pumpkins in at night?

by the way: they are Javelina or Collared Peccary, pig like animals, but very big!!! They have tusks and run in packs. They are pretty abundant here!

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Those Pesky Peccaries Pilfered your Pumpkins! Phooey!

They ARE cute! But don't try to get too close... WILD pig! (Dah-dum) You my heart sing! (Dah-dum) You make EVrything GROOVY, WILD pig! Wild pig (Dah-dum-dah-dum) I think I LOVE you (Dah-dum-dah-dum) But I wanna KNOW for sure (Dah-dum-dah-dum) C'mon, have some pumpkin -- you'll LOVE it! (Dum-dum-dum-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum) WILD pig!....

Star*

call 911........call 911
OUR hog used to LIVE for pumpkins - He would burrow a hole in the side with his tuskers and just pig out! It was more fun to toss Willie a pumpkin than to carve them -

Thanks for sharing the pigture.....lol SNORT.....oh dear there I go oinkgain

F

flutterbee

Ok. I'm an animal lover, but I have to say....I'm not feeling the cute factor here. :tongue:

meowbunny

Well, I'm glad you find them cute. Sorry, they're in the ugh factor to me. They look like overgrown rats in the picture. ewwwww