Look at what our poor Jack-o-Lanterns have to worry about!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by totoro, Oct 21, 2008.

1. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Look at this picture! It is too cute, we get little herds of these guys running through neighborhoods. I guess they LOVE pumpkins. We have wild squash that grows here but not like a perfectly carved out Jack-o-Lantern! What could be better.
    I think they are very cute! I guess if they make camp for too long in your yard, it starts to smell...
    My inlaws get them behind the pool all the time. I love watching them. I suppose we will need to pull our pumpkins in at night?

by the way: they are Javelina or Collared Peccary, pig like animals, but very big!!! They have tusks and run in packs. They are pretty abundant here!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Are those pigs or possums?

3. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Those Pesky Peccaries Pilfered your Pumpkins! Phooey!

They ARE cute! But don't try to get too close... WILD pig! (Dah-dum) You my heart sing! (Dah-dum) You make EVrything GROOVY, WILD pig! Wild pig (Dah-dum-dah-dum) I think I LOVE you (Dah-dum-dah-dum) But I wanna KNOW for sure (Dah-dum-dah-dum) C'mon, have some pumpkin -- you'll LOVE it! (Dum-dum-dum-dum, dum-dum-dum-dum) WILD pig!....

4. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

Oh my. From moose to pigs. What will come for a visit next?

beth

5. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

OUR hog used to LIVE for pumpkins - He would burrow a hole in the side with his tuskers and just pig out! It was more fun to toss Willie a pumpkin than to carve them -

Thanks for sharing the pigture.....lol SNORT.....oh dear there I go oinkgain

6. weenie1

weenie1 crazy mom

That is a cute picture. I set it as my back ground on my puter. :tongue:

7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

LOL very cute. :D

8. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

9. Stella Johnson

Stella Johnson Active Member

They are so cute! Are they mean?

10. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Ok. I'm an animal lover, but I have to say....I'm not feeling the cute factor here. :tongue:

11. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Well, I'm glad you find them cute. Sorry, they're in the ugh factor to me. They look like overgrown rats in the picture. ewwwww

12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I agree with meowbunny. They look like giant rats. No offense to Cadence, in her cage next to me.