Manster doesn't miss me

M

ML

Last year when manster went to California with his dad he called daily and was terribly homesick. This trip is different. He never calls, he never writes lol. Seriously, I know this is a good thing; that he's adjusting to a new environment and managing his anxiety and emotions on his own. This is what we strive for with our kids, right?

I'm just having to accept we're entering a new chapter in our life and it's time for me to let go a little more. We're given these gifts from God for a time. It's our job to prepare them for life without us and we have to give them back.

He comes back tomorrow and I can't wait to see my young man.

ML

klmno

You're right- it's a good sign and a new phase. But don't worry- I'm sure he still misses you. He probably is just not wanting to make it obvious. I remember when my son went on a trip with scouts and never called me once and it was a big change for me to realize we were to a point where I missed him more than he missed me. He still seemed pretty happy to get home though. LOL!

DammitJanet

Believe me, they still miss you. One day you will look at the phone and say...good grief...could you just go one day without calling me? LOL. Then they do!

Boys always miss their momma's.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Awww...Even if he's too darned busy to think about missing you....I guarantee he does.

Glad he had a successful trip.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ML,

This is what is Soooooooooooooooooooo unfair about being a Mom. The days you wish for and think you live for get here, and you find yourself wishing for the days that you had and wished away, wishing for the days you didn't have yet. lol.

Mine reminds me CONSTANTLY that he doesn't (fill in the blank me). I keep thinking ----ahhh that will be such a nice day. Then I think, no it won't. THEN I think.....OH MY GOSH this is NUTS....WHY Lord do you make me nuts? :tongue: Then I think....OH that's right...I have a boy. ;)

busywend

Well, I just hope he had such a great time he did not have time to call. I hope he adjusts to being back home in a jiffy!