Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by LittleDudesMom, May 12, 2013.

1. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

For as long as I have been here, I have seen this day has be a source of joy and for others a great disappointment.

Just as we strive, especially when our kids are young, to not have them be defined by the "gfgness", we don't always necessarily want to be defined as a mother.

However, it is part of who we are and, no matter your low expectations or misgivings about this day, in your heart you are and always will be a mother.

So, in case there is noone there to tell you thank you for all the nights of sleepless worry, the frantic phone calls, the endless doctor appointments, the embarrassment at school and family functions, the research for answers, the IEP meetings, the hours spend here in search of answers, the ended and strained relationships with friends and family, the lost expectations, the money spent on medications and treatments, I thank you.

I wish you all a Happy Mother's Day because you are a Mother. You are a strong woman, a warrior. I wish you a day of peace knowing, that in your heart, there is a place where being a mom was/is a gift

2. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Thank you.
  3. buddy

buddy New Member

That was lovely.

*Happy Mother's Day everyone......I am wishing everyone moments of Happy memories and peace.
  4. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thank you, beautifully said. Have a peaceful, calm, easy, nourishing day everyone........
  5. HaoZi

HaoZi CD Hall of Fame

Thank you. Happy Mother's Day everyone. And for those that need it, may you have a few moments of uninterrupted quiet in the bathroom.
  6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thank you, you worded that so beautifully. Peace to all of us on this Mother's Day.
  7. Bunny

Bunny Active Member

Thank you. I wish all of you a happy Mother's Day as well.
  8. StressedM0mma

StressedM0mma Active Member

Thank you. You worded it perfectly. Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Hugs and a Peaceful day to all.
  9. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Lovely and much appreciated sentiments. Thanks. DDD
  10. mom_to_3

mom_to_3 Active Member

That was beautifully said. At different times of our lives, I think most of us have felt this way. What a caring message you send today. Happy Mothers's Day to all of us today.
  11. Dixies_fire

Dixies_fire Member

Happy Mother's Day to you and thanks.
  12. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Beautiful, Sharon. Happy Mother's Day to you and everyone here. :)
  13. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

That was beautiful, Sharon. Happy Mother's Day to you as well.
  14. Jules71

Jules71 Warrior Mom since 2007

Brought tears to my eyes and was just what I needed. Thank you. Happy Mother's Day to you and all the other great Moms here. <3