Newbie here

B

blessed2boys

Hi My name is Amy. I'm a hearing impaired mom to 2 boys age 11 with ADHD and 10 with ADD and ODD. Both of them can hear. I'm a stay at home mom and wife to a wonderful man. My friend told me about this site so I think this is good forum.. hopefully this will be alot more helpful.

My 11 year old son with ADHD had hard time focusing and pay attention but is a very intelligent boy. He's in 5th grade regular education class. He is on medicine to help him focusing better so far it has been doing well for him and his grades are doing great. His Academics are great.

My 10 year old son with ADD and ODD also has a learning disability. He does have a IEP program. He is in 4th grade regular education but pulls out 2 hours daily with Special Education teacher to work on his Language art and Math and Reading. He also take a 30 mins speech mon thru fri at school. His behaviors was up and down.. so far since he started had another new medicine Intuniv (mispell) and it has been very very helpful for him. He has showed alot of improves in his behaviors after the new medicine added. His grades has been modified due to IEP but his academics are great. His Reg and Special Education teachers are pleased with his behaviors doing better. Oh, he does have a BIP (Behavior I.. Plan ) where we all work as a team on his behaviors and give him rewards , so far it has been very very helpful... he haven't had another incident at school for few months now and I pray this will continue on. My both sons does see the therapist every 2 weeks for 30 mins to help them learn how to cope with skills and all that. It has been very helpful too. They do see psychiatric. doctor (not a pediatric, the one who has more familiar with ADHD ODD and other disorders) I'm feeling less stress lately which is good.. I hope to see more of that ... I love my boys very much and wanted the best for them. I think this is a good support board. Thanks to whoever set this up :) Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hello Amy and welcome to the board. :D

Feel free to look around and get familiar with the site. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hi Amy and welcome! I'm glad to hear things are going so well for your two boys :) I hope things continue on such a positive course.

DammitJanet

Hi Amy, welcome to the board.

Looks like you have really gotten a great handle on your boys and that the school is working well for your kids. That is great.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!