Oh, I think Diva is mad .....

Andy

I refused to give her money to go out to eat tonight.

Last night, I invited her to chinese with me. She calls me about 10 - 15 minutes later, "Mom, N invited me to join her and some other people for supper tonight so if you can just give me cash for supper we don't have to go to chinese." What? Of course NOT!!!

I told her I had no cash to give her, that I was going to put it on the credit card. About 10 minutes later I get another call, "O.K., I will go to supper with you."

Now she wants me to pay for supper out with another friend. "Umm, Nope, I am not supporting you in this way. Eat at home and if you need money then get a job - one that pays this time would be very helpful!"

Then she thinks because I took difficult child bowling that I bought him supper at the alley. #1. Nope - just a snack and #2. She was invited to go with us and refused.

If she wants anything, she best better start spending time doing things with difficult child and I. She always refuses and then says that I favor him. Sorry Diva, but if you turn down things, then you are not getting things.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good for you Andy!!

I did/do this sort of thing with my difficult children too. I don't get complaints about it anymore.....but it took a long while to get to that point.

Hugs

BusynMember

I never really expected by eighteen year olds to hang much with me, and they didn't. But they also knew not to ask me for money for entertainment at that age. It didn't happen. In our house you work part-time at sixteen and even if you're in college you work part-time after high school.