Please hold a good thought...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

for my husband tomorrow. He will be attending the wake of an old friend that committed suicide at 40 years old. He'll be going with the parents of another friend that can't make it back to town in time to attend, these parents are beside themselves. While they had fallen out of touch over the last several years, husband is shook up. Another friend died last year from a heroin overdose (45 years old) and another the year before (38 years old) from a heart attack brought on by wearing a nicotine patch and smoking heavily.
    It's tragic. :9-07tears:

2. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

It's very unfortunate. What a terrible loss.

3. Martie

Martie Moderator

This has to be hitting husband very hard. Many good thought coming your way....

Martie

4. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Will be rattling beads for husband...a lot to handle in a short period of time.

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Holding a good thought and saying a prayer for husband.

6. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Some more prayers and thougths coming H's way - my goodness that's a lot of loss and tragedy.

7. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

So very sorry. -RM

8. KateM

KateM Member

Prayers and good thoughts for husband and this man's family. So sad; I'm sorry for all the loss.

9. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Sending warm thoughts....

10. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

So sorry TM. Sending husband supportive cyber vibes to get him through the day.

11. Sue C

Sue C Active Member

That's so sad. Sending prayers for your husband and his friend's family.

Sue

12. Lori4ever

Lori4ever New Member

Sending prayers for all. I'm so sorry.

13. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Will be thinking of him and saying a prayer. I know how hard it is to lose a good friend, so young.

14. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

That's just terrible. Sending good thoughts...

Suz

15. TYLERFAN

TYLERFAN New Member

Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
    Melissa

16. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

Your poor husband!!! He has lost so many friends in such a short period of time. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers... WFEN

17. amy4129

amy4129 New Member

So overwhelming for your husband. Keeping him in prayers.
    Amy

18. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

This is so tragic. Keeping a good thought and saying a prayer for your husband. :smile:

19. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Thanks for all the good thoughts. husband worked from home yesterday, I think he just wanted the relative quiet and solitude. The wake went as well as could be expected and he went out for a few drinks with a group of friends from the old neighborhood after. I think that was very therapeutic for him. Let's hope this is the last tragedy he needs to face for awhile. Thank you again.