Prison Letter Update

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by exhausted, Feb 12, 2012.

1. exhausted

exhausted Active Member

difficult child came home from friends tonight very angry at me. Seems she got a letter from her beloved inmate. He was angry as %^&^ because I had called the prison. He told difficult child she could be his friend and that was it. He called me a crazy a%%. Why do I ruin everything in her life? I told her everytime she does something self destructive ,and that I have power over, I will "ruin her life". She is a minor and I am a responsible mother. He is a jerk, a felon, and he knows she is a minor. If he is in trouble for these letters, a reformed guy (as she tried to tell me he was) would not call me names, would not lash out at her, but would own his stuff.

A little bit later she came and told me I was right. He was a jerk and it was over. I of course don't believe anything. She told me," The kind of guys you would like me to date don't want me mom." Her dad and I both told her she would have to get better to attract the right guy and we knew she was smart, social and a delight when she chose to be. We also told her that she was better than an inmate, not to mention an inmate without a diploma, who has 2 kids he has left high and dry.

Please pray for us!

2. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

You did the right thing. I hope that puts an end to that relationship. At least she came to you and admitted that you were right. That is huge in GFGdom.

~Kathy

3. Signorina

Signorina Guest

prayers on the way - and {{hugs}} for you. It's hard being the bad guy all the time. I get so sad when I remember how difficult child's eyes used to light up when I would come into his room. Same with my pcs. Now, i am lucky if I get a look of bored indifference instead of utter disdain or contempt. I miss them LIKING me.

She WILL thank you some day. I just know it. And I am so glad she came around tonight.

And I will tell you 100x100 that you did the right thing.

4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

You did do the right thing, I would have done the same, and yes my difficult child would have been mad at me too and told me I ruin everything for her. For some reasonour difficult children don't think a good guy would be interested in them. Couple that with the fact that they like risky things and it's disaster.

I'm praying for you.

Nancy

5. AmericanGirl

AmericanGirl Guest

Add me to the 'you did the right thing' pile. Sounds like you had a pretty good talk. One step forward? (hopeful look)

Praying continuing for everyone here.

6. pinevalley

pinevalley Member

Prayers on the way for you too!

7. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Good for you!

I am so happy to hear that you have "ruined" the blossoming romance with a convicted felon. It's a wonderful gift to your daughter (even if she doesn't really realize it yet).

(((hugs)))

8. exhausted

exhausted Active Member

Thank you everyone. I hope I have ruined it. She loves the edgy. This guy thinks he loves her so I hope he doesn't come looking when he is out in 10 months. She'll be 18 and then what? I hope she means what she said last night. Don't have one reason to trust anything. Yes I am so tired of being the bad guy in her eyes.