Quick Update!!!

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by smallworld, Oct 13, 2007.

1. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

It is hard to tell from your post, but if Beaner is truly hearing voices (hallucinations), you need to get him in to see a child psychiatrist ASAP. A counseling center isn't good enough.

Hope you get the right help soon.

2. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I strongly ditto smallworld. He needs evaled by a psychiatrist asap.

Any chance this behavior could be medication related?

Hugs

3. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Glad you are all moved in. I'm sorry Beaner is struggling. I agree with the others about calling a psychiatrist.

4. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Hey LMS & BEAN

Far be it for me to tell anyone to or not to medicate. IF I had it to do over again? I would not have put a single dose in his mouth. At 16 he finally refused medications for good, and his behavior is NO different than it was on them (he was right) = At 5 - look for a psychiatrist that does CBT (Cognitive behavior therapy) and get into it with him. Learn how to out-wit your kid on a psychological level. It will make you feel like super Mom - promise.

I say this after 11 years, and 64 medications.

I am NOT saying this for everyone - So don't throw Ritalin. I'm just saying he's 5 and I think CBT and play therapy would be a better starting place. Lets let his little liver grow up a little.
    He is just a bean after all.

Hugs
    Star

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I hope you get your computer up and going soon.

Sorry to hear life with Bean is so rough these days. I think Star's suggestion might be a good place to start, or at least in combo with the medications. I get nervous when they medicate kids so young, even when there is no other choice.

Hugs