Re: So glad I found this site!

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Ambea43, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Ambea43

Ambea43 New Member

Hi everybody,

I am a 44 year old warrior mother of twins.

difficult child 7yr old son. High functioning autism. Other diag unknown, but are working on them.
    difficult child 2 7 yr old dauther...Hypothyroidism, percoccious puberty, ODD.

I am looking forward to supporting, laughing and at times crying with all of you, as this is
    a hard journey we go and nobody should go it alone.

I am glad that I have found this site
  2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Hello and welcome aboard.
  3. TeDo

TeDo Guest

Welcome. We look forward to hearing your input to others as well as learning more about you and your twins. I am also a Warrior Mom of twins. Are you comfortable with the ODD diagnosis? That's one that I, and many others, tend to disregard because it is only a descriptor. It doesn't tell us WHY the child is defiant and there is always a reason.

Again Welcome.
  4. buddy

buddy New Member

HI there and welcome! You do indeed sound like you are a true, I am always amazed at all of you with twins. I met a mom today in our therapy clinic with twin boys age 7 too....she walked in and one went to climb on the backs of chairs the other was flipping a figit he had (and still needing to drink from a bottle) and she was trying to go over and tie a shoe and I thought, OH MY WORD.... at least I have ONE direction to run after my kid.... (she also had a sweet but normally demanding 9 yr old with her).

Will love learning more about you and your family!
  5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Adding in a quick welcome-glad you found us. I've got to finish getting ready to work or I'd add a little more. Hang around as you've found a great place to be.
  6. keista

keista New Member

Welcome aboard!
  7. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Welcome to the site! I am sure you will find it comforting and helpful!