Rosh Hashana - New year prayers

Allan-Matlem

Wednesday night is the begiining of the Jewish year - Rosh Hashana. All of you , my friends and your families at conductdisorders.com will be in my thoughts and prayers. It is a time for setting goals , creating a vision. On Yom Kippur , the day we fast , we deal with the past and say sorry. First we create a future and only then do we deal with the past. The same goes for CPS collaborative problem solving - first we create a future with a better plan , a mutually satisfying solution and only then we engage in restitution , making amends and saying sorry

http://allankatz-parentingislearning.blogspot.com/2010/09/say-sorry-we-have-all-met-parents-who.html

Allan

Star*

call 911........call 911
שאלוהים בחוכמתו האינסופית שלו להביא לכם את ברכתו של שלום לחיים שלך, למלא את הבית בצחוק & אהבה להעניק לך סבלנות אין קץ ועל האומץ להתמודד עם השנה החדשה.

M

ML

What a beautiful concept. Thank you for the prayers and I will embrace the essence of this over the coming days.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
One thing I have to do when I go to visit my mother's for the holiday is to pick up some yahrzeit lamps (special memorial candles). I used my last one this year on the anniversary of husband's death.

One nice thing about the "Days of Awe" is that we look to the future first and then, on Yom Kippur we look to the past

Estherfromjerusalem

I wish all members of this wonderful board family a good year -- health and happiness and joy.

Star? What the ****? You wrote a beautiful blessing there. Do you know what it means? Shall I translate it for you?

Love, Esther

ScentofCedar

Thank you, Allan. This is wonderful advice for each of us too, as we go about the business of making our lives.

I bookmarked the link you posted.

Barbara

Star*

call 911........call 911
Since I am only Hebrew in my heart -

May God in his infinite wisdom to bring you the blessing of peace to your life, fill the house with laughter & love to give you endless patience and courage to face the new year.