So FRUSTRATED with my body

susiestar

Roll With It
just once i want a crisis that my body doesn't make worse. just one time in my life. this isn't it, i guess.

In the last six months i have problems with my eyes not always wanting to focus. i wake up or blink and they just suddenly are blurry. eyedrops don't help. it was gone for close to a month so I thought it was allergies, but it is back with a vengeance.

from my teens i also have had periodic dizziness. mostly muscle relaxers stop it because the only reason anyone can find is that the muscle spasm and cut off blood flow to my brain - they did find this on tests after a chiro told them to test for it, after almost a decade of fighting it. mr's don't make me dizzy after so many decades on them. so this week I am back to suddenly being dizzy enough that i suddenly cannot sit or stand up. it isn't blood pressure too high or low and I have no idea what it is.

our walmart is a great box source if you go between 1 and 4. husband can't stay awake and I can't stand up. i fully intended to go tonight but i literally cannot stand up. i thought I had it gone, and had almost talked myself into going, but if i mess up our one car or myself, well, then we are even more truly in a wreck of a bind.

thanks for letting me vent. this is NOT what i need from my body right now. i have a lot of the planning done. we have friends that will let us stay in their house for a while - they bought a new one and listed this one just before the bubble burst and 2 mortgages are killing them. but we have to get there. i just don't know if i can handle my body doing this to me standing up shouldn't be a luxury, Know what I mean??

LittleDudesMom

Susie, I'm so sorry that this happening right now. I hope a new round of mr's will give you some relief. My sister dealt with this severely years ago and gets episodes only about once a year now -- it can really hault "typical" living patterns. She found the source and her medication regiment keeps it in check. When it returns now, there are medications her docs can prescribe to help her through it.

Perhaps you can call the local liquor store, explain you have a disability, and maybe they can set you aside their boxes - I think they are the best! And, you might get a sensitive, understanding person on the phone.

Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It really hoovers out the wazoo when your body refuses to cooperate when you really need it to. Would a kind manager maybe set a stack aside and hold it until a decent hour in the morning when you could pick it up instead? Once in a while a place will do that if they know someone intends to pick it up.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Ok...I was trying to figure out why you needed another Mr. in your life...lol. I figured one man was enough right now. Then I picked up on it! Duh.

Susie, could it be Menierres disease? I am probably butchering that spelling but whatever. My dad had that for probably the last 20 or 30 years of his life and it was due to him being in the war and for some reason it just decided to hit him years later. I believe he took a very small dose of xanax for it. I cant swear to it though but I think thats what he took.

T

TeDo

We always keep a bottle of Meclizine on hand that we buy at WalMart. difficult child 2 and I both suffer from occasional bouts of extreme dizziness.

Sorry this didn't work out. I agree, maybe make some phone calls and see if ANYONE anywhere would be nice enough to leave boxes set aside for you. OUR WalMart absolutely would NOT but our grocery & liquor stores will.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Can you call a local church youth group pastor and beg them to help you box things and move? Most times you don't have to be overtly religious or even attend the church. Maybe offer the left behinds to them for a youth garage sal for missions and see if they are interested in having 15 or 20 kids come to help you take boxes out to help you?

Not feeling well, being in pain, and everything you are going through on top of moving is (indescribable) BUT I thnk you have to remember to take ONE day - FOR YOU - and just forget about EVERYTHING else and try to find a way to relax. I think I know I believe I am proof - Stress is evil. You know this kiddo. Give yourself a coupon style spa day.

Hugs - OH and if you have a Big Lots - they have boxes if you ask in advance you can pick and choose - just have to make arrangements. And they are usually nice sturdy ones. But Tedo is right liquor boxes are sturdy and a manageable size. Get some markers too and mark on three sides. OR have someone be printing lables KITCHEN, BATH,,,,,etc.

Star