Some good news for a change!

P

PatriotsGirl

She got her first job!!! They called her yesterday and told her that she starts on Friday. And I was the very first person she called. :) She was so happy, ecstatic and just absolutely giddy about it. My heart has never felt such joy. Is there anything better than hearing sheer happiness in their voice?

She is still with the older boyfriend and claims they are very much in love. I do know it is a volatile relationship or at least it appears to be. Not sure if that is from the drama she brings, but I have a feeling that he may have just as much of a drama queen in him, too. She is very unexperienced in relationships. As I said, she just never had any interest in anyone. They had a public argument on Facebook not too long ago and she posts things now and then that hint to them having problems and then everything is beautiful again. It seems to be a cycle...though now his Facebook page is gone - deleted. All of the comments he had on her page are gone. Weird.

She told me how they met. I am not sure what to believe and don't know if my mommy heart can even stand to hearing the whole story. She says she was kidnapped and almost raped and he saved her. That they have been together ever since. I want to know exactly what happened but when I am stronger to handle hearing it. It is the nightmare I always pictured. Especially after the last time I had to drop her off. I understand that makes me a wimp and that is okay for now. The important thing is, if it is true, maybe that was her bottom and what made her decide to change her future. She really seems to be growing up and wanting more for herself and for that, I am grateful.

I am so sorry I haven't been on much recently to lend support. Work is just nuts as usual and we have people dropping like flies from being overworked... :(

I just really wanted to jump on here to post something good for a change! :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:happyguy:

YAY!!!!!! I love happy news!!!

You're forgiven for not being around as much, we all get busy! But what a way to pop in!

buddy

Really good news. And it will lead to more social contacts and hopefully she can see there are other types of people to be around. I hope her relationship is not bad news but as you said, you probably dont want to know for now and really, what can you do? Sounds to me like you are being smart.

P

PatriotsGirl

Really good news. And it will lead to more social contacts and hopefully she can see there are other types of people to be around.

That is exactly what I said to husband! Plus, now she will have a purpose - something to look forward to. And that feeling of actually getting a paycheck?? I am just so thrilled for her. It is Captain D's - but hey, it is a start!!!! :)

dashcat

That is great news! Yes, the joy of hearing sincere happiness from a difficult child is something only another difficult child parent can really understand. I'm very happy for both of you.
Dash

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Hooray for a job! Huge confidence booster for her.. I really hope it's the beginning of even more positive news :)

P

PatriotsGirl

Had to LMAO....she sent me pictures of her with her new hire packet so I would know it is true.... ;)

P

PatriotsGirl

Well little miss difficult child tells me this morning that she didn't have the non-slip shoes and khaki pants she needs for the morning. So, because I DO want to support her doing positive things, I went out there to buy her the shoes at Wal-Mart and took her to Goodwill for the pants. She was so so grateful. It was so awesome to spend time with her and I can't say that often...lol. She is maturing a LOT. She actually wants to go back on Prozac!!!!! That is HUGE!!! She says she realizes she really needs medication and can't do it alone. Wow. She realizes how much more pleasant she was to be around when she was on it and wants to be that person again before it costs her the good things happening for her.
She has also put a lot of thought into what would happen if her and Prince Charming break up. She would have no where to live out there and would possibly lose her job. I hate that she has worries, but I did tell her there is a back up plan. Plenty of people are looking for roommates where she is - I even found a couple where everything was included for 325 a month. I told her she would be able to afford that and I would help get her set up that first month if need be. I want her to continue on this positive path. I am loving that she is wanting a future for herself. Finally. :D

P

PatriotsGirl

Should have known something would go wrong. I have been telling difficult child forever that she needed to get her picture id. She lost it a long time ago. I gave her the paperwork she needed after Christmas and told her to get it that week. She never did she.went to work a half hour early on Friday only to be told she cannot work without one. They told her to come back at 5pm or Sunday (don't understand that as the dmv isn't open again until Tuesday. I asked her why she didn't.go get out immediately.. She had all day? She didn't tell me until that night. So she is depressed. I told her to call and beg to have until Tuesday and I world take her first thing in the morning to get it. I don't know of she did or not....:-(
Them last night Hubby and i.e. are watching our beloved Patriots game and she calls. I didn't take the call at first because the last thing I wanted to deal with was her drama. But she kept calling so I answered. She tells me not to accept any calls or texts from her boyfriend's number. I tell her no problem, I am watching a great game and don't want to be disturbed with their problems. She seems me a text saying the only.way she id gong to save her relationship id if I don't answer the phone to him or tell him that she is his.problem now, not ours. Lovely. So it seems his idea was to be to reach us and try to talk us into letting her come back here? Not going to happen. I am still of the stance that she needs rehab and sober living. She even admitted to me the other day that she is still selling drugs to survive. I don't want that here. Part of me feels guilty that she needs to do that, but I have offered rehab and sober living. There is an alternative. Anyway, they fight way too much. And she was so excited to have a normal job. She seemed genuinely wanting to make a normal life for herself and just as quickly a things were looking up, they now seem pretty bleak again. :-(
If she had just gotten that picture id when I told her to......ugh.

DammitJanet

Welcome to the world of young adult difficult child's! Cory has lost his ID so many times I cant even count them anymore. I think this last one is a record for him. It used to be he gave one to me to keep for him...lol.