Someone STOLE a wheelchair from a 5yo!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Someone actually STOLE an $8000 wheelchair that provides independence for a little girl. This girl has gone through SO MUCH, and to have soemone take her WHEELCHAIR???!!!???!!!

I am just outraged. This is so sick and wrong. What is WRONG with the world??? You would hope and pray this kind of thing would NEVER happen. I just can't help but think of one little girl at our church. She has a special walker thingy to help her be able to move on her own. She is so PROUD that she can move herself around, she works so hard on everything, and everything is so hard for her. I am absolutely sick to my stomach at the thought that someone would treat a child this way.

KTMom91

This is so wrong on so many levels...

I wouldn't think wheelchairs would be in big demand at the pawn shop...what could this person be thinking?

susiestar

Roll With It
The article estimated the street value of this $8000 wheelchair, after sold for parts, to be $15.

that is it. Just $15 after they break it apart. And after they break that little girl's independence.

Just $15.

slsh

member since 1999
Not surprising at all, unfortunately. Scrap metal.

I do want to point out that I *love* the reporting in this article. It's the first time I've ever read a story where the subject isn't "afflicted" or "suffering" - she's living with- spina bifida!!! I've written so many letters to reporters about their lousy word choices - I do believe I have to write this one a thank you letter!

susiestar

Roll With It
slsh - I caught that and thought it was great too. And the way it described the wheelchair as the little girl's idependence, that was awesome.

Jessie and thank you and I talked about this. They were both horrified. I explained how much the wheelchair cost in terms of months of mortgage for our house it would cost. That really brought it home to them, how expensive and precious it was.

thank you went and got some of his Christmas Shopping $$ to send to the little girl's wheelchair fund. I told him I need to investigate the fund to be sure it goes to the right place before we send it. He only has $10 and he brought $5 to send.

I was touched.